The Executive Director is responsible for the overall administration and management of the Middle Georgia Community Food Bank (MGCFB), including personnel, programs, fundraising, financials, and business operations.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
• Develops, implements and ensures appropriate control is exercised for all policies and procedures needed for the effective financial and operational management of MGCFB as directed by the MGCFB Board of Directors (BOD) or to attain compliance with local, state, federal, USDA and Feeding America standards.
• Manages the hiring, developing and performance of staff. Seeks BOD approval for any organizational changes of direct reports to Executive Director.
• Prepares and seeks approval of annual budget and subsequently manages MCGFB to operate within budget parameters.
• Ensures that all reporting requirements of local, state, federal, Feeding America and United Way are met with reliable data and timely submission. Ensures proper execution and tracking of all contracts and grants.
• Directs the development and achievement of financial goals for fundraising and for building supportive long-term relationships with foundations, corporations and individual donors which are identified by BOD as key to the viability and growth of MGCFB.
• Responsible for purchase, installation and proper maintenance of all property and assets of MGCFB.
• Partners with BOD to develop a strategic vision for MGCFB and to develop action plans to achieve.
• Ensures appropriate utilization, direction, engagement and recognition of volunteers.
• Actively participates and serves in Georgia Food Bank Association, Feeding America and United Way.
• Ensures effective communication and maintenance of solid relationships with media, government and private sector leaders to ensure awareness of needs, services available and accomplishments of MGCFB.
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned by BOD
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree. Ideal candidate has 10+ years of progressively responsible experience in management or leadership in a food bank or comparable non-profit.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Effective written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable giving speeches and presentations. Effective at persuading others.
• Proven ability to achieve an environment of effective teamwork; even when faced with conflict, constraints and clashing personalities.
• Proven ability to deliver exceptional service to the needs of your customer
• Proven ability to adapt to crisis to meet the mission
• Effective time management
Contact Jeff Battcher, Board President, at [email protected]