Food Bank of Wyoming seeks an Executive Director who is a bold, visionary leader with exceptional people, fiscal, fundraising, strategic, and process management expertise and a strong passion for alleviating food insecurity in Wyoming. This person should have a passion for Wyoming with the ability to leverage current and new relationships to increase Food Bank of Wyoming's reach, effectiveness, and performance. This person should have a strong background in working with a Board of Directors to maximize organizational potential, a proven track record of fundraising successes, adept fiscal management experience, and the ability to lead a team to reach organizational potential. Strong candidates should possess a demonstrated track record in management, the proven ability to effectively communicate a compelling message in verbal and written communications, have strong strategic planning, forecasting, and budgeting skills, and have the ability and willingness to network with varied constituent groups.
The Executive Director directs the development, operations, programs, and administration of Food Bank of Wyoming – working with Food Bank of the Rockies' leadership and Food Bank of Wyoming's Board of Directors as the organization evolves to become an independent nonprofit organization. After independence is achieved, the Executive Director will report solely to the Board
• Assure that the organization has a long-range strategy that achieves its mission and makes consistent and timely progress with an eye toward organizational best practices and innovative ventures.
• Provide leadership in developing and implementing programs, organizational, and financial plans in partnership with Food Bank of the Rockies' leadership and the Board of Directors as appropriate.
• Direct resources to ensure budgetary compliance and fiscal integrity; lead revenue and expense budget development and monitor expenses.
• Work closely with Food Bank of Wyoming Board of Directors to create strong governance practices and processes, including participation and leadership on all board committees and functions.
• Oversee the design, promotion, and delivery of quality programs, including food supply, access, and distribution.
• Develop and administer operational and governance policies and guidelines; ensure compliance with external regulations and internal policies.
• Exercise independent and sound judgment and decision-making.
• Build and provide strong leadership for an effective team by providing direction, guidance, and performance feedback.
• Set and meet ambitious fundraising goals through personal involvement, implementation of systematic best practices, leadership of a development team, and board/committee engagement – working in strong collaboration with Food Bank of the Rockies.
• Recruit and lead advisory and other committees to meet organizational goals and realize potential.
• Represent Food Bank of Wyoming to the Wyoming public through media, attending events, promotions, conferences, and other appropriate venues. Serve as a compelling spokesperson in media, large and small groups, and one-on-one.
• Ensure robust external communications that effectively convey organizational highlights to Hunger Relief Partners, volunteers, donors, and the general public.
• Incorporate organizational values (service, integrity, diversity/equity/inclusion, collaboration, and innovation) as personal and organizational driving forces, evidenced in all work.
• Other duties as requested
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Deep personal commitment to Food Bank of Wyoming's mission and values.
• Authentic leadership style and personal presence; consistently eliciting trust and serving with integrity.
• Proven visionary and coaching leadership with the ability to cultivate talent through management, coaching, and mentorship.
• Demonstrated ability to invite, inspire, and implement community partnerships that benefit the organization over time.
• Ability to effectively communicate with, influence, and accomplish work through others.
• Skilled communicator, both verbally and in writing, with compelling, focused, and authentic messages catered to the audience.
• Self-directed, driven, and accountable for results and high achievement, individually and across the organization.
• Commitment to inspiring and retaining a talented team through creating a positive working environment with clear expectations and standards.
• Capacity to solve a wide range of complex problems in collaboration with others.
• Demonstrated professional flexibility on an individual and managerial level.
• Demonstrated ability to create and deliver on established timelines.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience, with advanced degree preferred in an applicable field.
• Minimum 5-10 years experience leading small to mid-sized organizations, including direct and indirect team leadership.
• Demonstrated career path of progressive leadership experience in complex organizations.
• Nonprofit experience is highly preferred, including direct experience reporting to and partnering with a Board of Directors; and overseeing fundraising, programs, operations, marketing, volunteer programs, and finance.
$90,000 - $115,000 - Eligible for up to 8% annual bonus
Medical, dental, and vision, 401(k) Retirement plan with 4.5% company match, PTO, paid sick leave, paid holidays, and a flexible schedule.
APPLY ONLINE: www.foodbankrockies.org/careers
Mission / Values
Food Bank of Wyoming ignites the power of community to nourish people facing hunger.
Service | Integrity | Diversity/Inclusivity/Equity | Collaboration | Innovation
Food Bank of Wyoming is at a tremendous opportunity point in its lifecycle with plans to become an independent food bank in the near future. With support and partnership from Feeding America, Food Bank of the Rockies, and generous donors, we have a rare opportunity to become Wyoming-based and driven. An inaugural Board of Directors has been recruited, and processes are underway to expedite this exciting change. Thus, we are seeking a bold, visionary leader with talent for aligning resources, growing an organization, and leading a process to achieve independence