The Food Bank of Northeast Georgia’s Executive Director is fully responsible for the administration and management of the organization. The Executive Director works with the Board of Directors (Board) and its committees to develop policy, strategic planning, goal setting, long-term projections, and team management. This position is the link between the Board of Directors and the Food Bank staff, while overseeing that the mission is implemented throughout the corporation and its partners. The Executive Director is accountable for all programs, operations, and work activities.
Email [email protected] for complete job description.
• The candidate must posses a college degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience, preferably in areas of business administration, management, or related field, which indicate a high degree of organizational, program development, management, planning, human relations, reporting, and evaluation skills.
• Must have experience working with a board of directors and in a non-profit environment.
• Strong verbal and written communications with excellent public speaking and engagement skills.
• Ability to relate to a population of varying socio-economic, cultural, religious, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to seek and engage in mutually beneficial collaborations and partnerships that will further the mission of the Food Bank.
• Ability to delegate tasks and responsibility to proper levels and to adequately review and assess performance.
• Ability to understand budgets and financial reporting and knowledge of fundraising strategies and possess a proven record of accomplishment for fundraising.
• Ability to create a positive, motivational work environment, while continually engaging employees in the mission.
• Understanding of grants and grant preparations.
• Provides direct supervision to business and operational managers and possess a strong knowledge and background in warehouse operations and staffing.
Health, dental, vision, life, short-term/long-term disability, retirement plan, paid sick and vacation, and 12 paid holidays.
Please send resume to [email protected]
The Food Bank of Northeast Georgia is a 501(c)3 comprised of a primary distribution facility in Athens, Georgia with a second distribution facility located in Clayton, Georgia – the Mountain Regional Branch. The Food Bank recovers donated and salvaged surplus food and distributes it to residents in need through human-service partner agencies. The Food Bank works with local, regional, state, and national product partners to bring food into the community. The Food Bank was founded in 1992 in an effort to end hunger in Northeast Georgia. In that first year, the Food Bank distributed approximately 350,000 pounds of food to thirty-six local agencies. The organization has grown tremendously since then, distributing nearly 12 million pounds of food through more than 225 partner organizations.