What you’ll do:
Summary: Executive Assistant provides executive support in a one-on-one working relationship to the President & Chief Executive Officer (CEO). This position serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the Office of the President. This position also serves as a liaison to the board of directors and senior management teams; organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversees special projects. Executive Assistant is creative and works within an entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented. This role requires exercising sound judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. This role also works independently on projects, from conception to completion, and is productive under pressure, at times, to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. This position supports and fosters our deep commitment to diversity and inclusion, which is the foundation for creating a culture of belonging for all personnel.
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including managing an active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence on behalf of the President & CEO; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; compiling documents for travel-related meetings; and managing the reputation of the Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, along with its’ leadership.
• Respects and values confidentiality to the highest degree, understanding the Executive Assistant represents the reputation of the President & CEO.
• Serves as the President's administrative liaison to Second Harvest Board of Directors, including: Board Annual Calendar; Prepping pre-read materials for Board and Committee Meetings; Event planning and coordination, which may include meal planning, travel arrangements, and/or lodging.
• Participates as an adjunct member of the Leadership team including assisting in scheduling meetings, attending meetings as identified, creating agendas, and supporting special projects.
• Manages the Front Desk Coordinator, including timecard approvals, performance review, and training. Front Desk cross-trained responsibilities include maintaining inventory of necessary office supplies - fulfilling individual requests and maintaining supply for general use and consumption, security check-in for guests, and serving as full back up of Front responsibilities.
When & Where:
• Schedule: Typical daytime workweek hours of Monday - Friday, 8 AM – 4:30 PM on-site and primarily at our Nashville distribution center.
• Travel: Occasional evenings and/or weekends may be required for meetings or special events as well as responding to issues, outside of normal working hours (e.g., disaster response, community events, etc.).
• Essential business/ first responder: In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Second Harvest is typically considered an essential business service and emergency responder. All employees may be required to perform regular or emergent duties on-site. Employee safety is balanced with business and community necessity. Some positions are more likely to be required on-site than others.
Is this you?
• Education: Bachelor's degree required.
• Experience: 3+ years of experience supporting C-Level Executives. Experience and interest in internal and external communications, partnership development, and fundraising.
• Skills & Capabilities: Organizational skills that include an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with minimal error and attention to detail; interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors; expert level written and verbal communication skills; proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability; resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be effective independently; handles confidential information with discretion, is adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrates the highest level of customer/client service and response; achieves high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment; forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions; consistently represents and values the reputation of the President & CEO, leadership, and Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, often acting as representative of the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
• Competencies: Coaching and developing others, result orientation and execution, quality improvement and project management.
• Other requirements: our pre-hire process requires acceptable results from the following: professional reference feedback, criminal background, Motor Vehicle Record and a pre-employment drug test. Current Driver’s License and automobile insurance are also required. Criminal backgrounds are evaluated on a case-by-case basis considering several factors (timing, frequency, severity and job relation).
What Second Harvest has to offer:
• Work with a purpose: As one of middle Tennessee’s largest nonprofits, our local hunger relief work is uniquely rewarding, hands on and solutions oriented. We are innovative, mission-focused, diverse, collaborative, values-driven and focused on results. A career with Second Harvest ensures that you not only earn a paycheck, but also help your local community through meaningful work. If you are passionate about serving your neighbors in need and are committed to our mission of ending hunger, we invite you to join our 120+ person team in the fight against hunger, as we work to achieve our vision of a hunger free community.
• Award winning workplace: we are a best-in-class workplace because we are passionate and people focused – we listen, respect, care and challenge each other, so that our neighbors can count on us. Our employees have identified us among The Tennessean’s Top Workplaces eight times based solely on employee surveys and feedback. We are invested in our team and offer frequent whole-person wellness opportunities through our Harvest Wellbeing Program. We focus on staff physical and mental health, financial empowerment, personal and professional development as well as social and community engagement. There is ample opportunity to be engaged, have work-life-balance and grow with Second Harvest.
• Compensation & Benefits: Second Harvest is proud to offer rich and affordable total compensation packages. Total compensation for full-time employment includes many benefits, in addition to base pay. The paid days off policies include: 10 holidays, 15 vacation, 12 sick and personal at anniversaries. Traditional benefits offered include medical, dental and vision (employee-only coverage paid 100% by employer for all of these). Additional available benefits include annual bonus potential, annual performance reviews with potential merit pay increases, flexible work, retirement (with a generous employer match), disability insurance (short and long-term), life insurance as well as long-term care insurance.
• DEIB & Equal Employment Opportunity: we celebrate and value diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We are intentionally working to diversify our team so that our employees reflect the diverse communities that we serve. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply! Our goal is to attract, develop, retain and promote a talented and diverse workforce in a culture where all employees will contribute to their fullest potential. We provide equal employment to all applicants and employees regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or other legally protected characteristics.
Think this sounds like a role and workplace where you would thrive? Apply now! You can express interest in joining our team, in any of the following ways:
1. Online: employment application on our website: http://www.secondharvestmidtn.org/job-opportunities/?gnk=apply&gni=8a78…. Resume and cover letter can be uploaded with applications on the website as well.
2. Email: Resume and cover letter can be sent to our Human Resources team at [email protected].
3. In person: applications can be completed by visiting us on-site at any of our distribution centers, locations can be found on our website: secondharvestmidtn.org/contact.
Thanks for your interest in working for Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee - we love it here and think you will too!
Who we are: Since 1978, Second Harvest Food Bank of Middle Tennessee, a member of Feeding America™, has been providing food to our more than 1 million neighbors at risk of hunger in middle and west Tennessee. In support of our mission, which is “to provide food to people facing hunger and work to advance hunger solutions” – last year, we distributed more than 41 million pounds of food to more than 460 Partner Agencies, providing more than 36.5 million nutritious meals to hungry children, families and seniors throughout our 46-county service area. To learn more about our work, visit our website secondharvestmidtn.org and our social media.