Would you like to make a difference in our community while pursuing your passion for administrative work? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking an Executive Assistant to the CEO to join our leadership team!
The Executive Assistant supports the CEO by providing assistance with a broad range of administrative and office related duties in a high-paced environment. This role is highly independent and uses a high degree of sound judgement, decision making, initiative and discretion.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for the coordination of all board and governance committee correspondence such as setting and confirming meetings and attendance, sending preparation materials, maintaining meeting minutes and records
- Attends all board meetings including keeping minutes, setting meetings, maintaining board lists and handbooks, preparing and sending board packets, updating documents, and handling general communication and coordination with the Board of Directors on behalf of the CEO
- Coordinates communication with Board of Directors between board meeting such as pre- and post- meeting correspondence, reminders, and other correspondence
- Coordination of board trainings and presentations including scheduling, confirming, and appropriate follow-up
- Set-up and preparation for meetings involving the CEO including meal/food requests, room reservations, AV equipment, etc.
- Assists CEO with meeting scheduling and set-up, contact management, meeting preparation and follow-up, and miscellaneous special projects
- Logs donor correspondence into Raiser’s Edge according to Food Bank of the Rockies’ systems
- Supports donor correspondence and follow-up, advocacy work, work pertaining to various board or committee activities and special projects
- Primary point of contact for various staff meetings including establishing and sending agendas, planning for future agendas, scheduling speakers, planning agendas, and ensuring appropriate communication in advance and in follow-up from meetings
- Manages various staff awards, cards, gifts and meals/treats to honor staff achievements, life events and employment recognition
- Coordinates and books CEO travel
- Event planning for board and staff functions as assigned, including acquisition of vendors and volunteers, and execution of event timeline in coordination with staff
- Drafting of various presentations as requested
- Maintains strong working knowledge of daily operations of Food Bank of the Rockies Other duties as assigned
- Ability to look ahead and be proactive – foreseeing, planning for, and recommending multiple layers of next steps to ensure smooth functioning of, and communications with, Board of Directors, governance committees, and other groups and individuals involving the CEO
- Serve as a trusted partner to CEO with demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion in daily work
- Ability to effectively communicate with, influence and get work done through others
- Exercise cultural competency, including race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and disability among other areas
- Skilled at communicating clearly both verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide non‐technical assistance in a simple, straightforward manner
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of Food Bank of the Rockies; represent Food Bank of the Rockies’ brand in a positive manner internally and externally
- Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency
- Show strong teambuilding and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of discretion needed in handling confidential information and strong commitment to ethical practice
- Self-directed, dependable and accountable for individual results
- Excellent and succinct verbal and written communication skills
- Extreme detail-orientation and accuracy with both numbers and written documentation
- Deadline-driven with a strong ability to forecast unforeseen challenges for high level executives
- Strong problem solving, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to balance, prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- High School Diploma required; Bachelors’ Degree preferred
- Minimum five years’ previous administrative assistant experience supporting one or more executives; prior experience as Executive Assistant to CEO highly preferred
- Non-profit experience and working knowledge of Board of Directors a plus
- High proficiency with computers and technology; ability to quickly adapt to new programs a must
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint; Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently; outstanding knowledge of grammar and ability to tailor writing tone to a variety of audiences and contexts
- Valid Colorado Driver’s License and reliable transportation
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, employee assistant program, paid time off, sick time, flexible schedule, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
What We Do:
More than 65 million pounds of food flow through our operation every year, feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. Our small and mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations, collectively serves 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.