- Assist the President and CEO in completing any and all assignments as designated while working in direct contact with board of directors and serving as support staff to HFB senior staff (Coordinates conference room reservations, Prepares master calendars and other yearly schedules for organizations events, Arranges travel and itineraries for requested personnel, Perform and reconcile credit card purchases, Maintain archival./current file system,).
- Responsible for coordinating board, staff, executive and other meetings both on and off-site (Coordinates catering of meetings, prepares and organizes information packets for meetings/events, agenda formulation, transcriptions, recording and preparing meeting minutes, Remain in constant contact with HFB Board of Directors via telephone, e-mail and written correspondence)
- Route calls and take messages as appropriate (General Office Task- oversee, delegate or perform administrative tasks in the executive offices)
- Clerical preparation and gather the necessary information for auditors
- High School Diploma or GED required and 3 plus years of previous office business experience.
- Strong typing skills with minimal errors. Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files, and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to learn, Organization's policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Direct Deposit and Credit Union Access
- 401K Time-Off
- PTO (Paid Time Off) Days
- Holidays Leave of Absence (including Military Leave)
- Jury Duty
- Bereavement Days
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
This information offers only a brief overview of the benefit plans available to Houston Food Bank associates. A description of the benefit provisions, conditions and limitations are provided to associates in the Benefits Summary book. Plans having these programs and features also have exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits, and terms under which the plans and policies may be continued in force or discontinued. In the event of a conflict between this Web site and the plan documents or policies, the plan documents or policies will govern. The Company has the right to amend or terminate these benefits at any time.