As part of the Health Promotions Team, the Evaluation Intern will assist the Evaluation Strategy Manager in organizing and reporting data that reflects the impact of health promotion work conducted by our member food banks, including nutrition classes, healthy pantry projects, and healthcare partnerships. The intern will work five to ten hours a week to prepare data for analysis (50%), conduct reporting audits (20%), compile monthly reports (20%), and aid in the roll out and maintenance of our internal communications platform (10%).
• Mission oriented. You are enthusiastic about the mission of Feeding Texas and interested in growing your skills to address poverty, hunger, health disparities, or social injustice.
• Detailed and organized. You excel at keeping your work organized and executing tasks with accuracy and consistency. The ideal candidate has a knack for spreadsheets and enjoys organizing data to communicate impact.
• Driven problem solver. You recognize opportunities to make things better and do not need to be micromanaged to get things done.
• Team player. You have experience working on a team to carry out projects and contribute towards a collaborative working environment.
• Effective communicator. You have excellent writing skills in both style and grammar. The ideal candidate can compile different facts and successes into one cohesive story.
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS WITH OR WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION
• Equipment (machines, tools, devices) used in performing only the essential functions include computers, phones, and related equipment
$15/hour. This is a temporary position for two semesters (October 2019 – May 2020) with the possibility of extension until September 2020. This position may be able to work remotely depending on supervisor approval.
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] by October 1st, 2019. Ensure that you include “Evaluation Intern” in the subject line. Applications will only be accepted via email.
Feeding Texas is a statewide network of food banks leading a unified effort to end hunger in Texas. Together with our 21 member food banks, we reach over 3 million Texans annually with food and resources and engage the state in the fight against hunger.
Our goal is to ensure adequate, nutritious food for all Texans, improve the health and financial stability of the communities we serve, and engage all stakeholders in advocating for hunger solutions. Join us!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work to be performed and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties.
No recruiters, phone calls, or walk-ins please.
Feeding Texas is an Equal Opportunity employer that offers positions with varying skill levels and responsibilities that amplify our mission. We strongly encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including people with lived experience of hunger and/or food insecurity, people of color, LGBTQ identified people, gender-nonconforming people, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people who speak a language in addition to English.