Develops and implements the fundraising strategy for God’s Pantry Food Bank, leads the Donor Relationships Team to successfully establish and deliver annual goals, and serves on The Food Bank Leadership Team to help shape mission and culture and to set policies, procedures, and objectives for the organization.
• Collaborate, in partnership with CEO, Donor Relationships Team, staff, and board to:
promote The Food Bank’s mission and vision
envision and establish fundraising strategies supporting the work
drive new philanthropic support
grow a robust portfolio of diverse corporate, principal and major donor funding partners.
• Lead and inspire the Donor Relationships Team to define annual fundraising goals, priorities, and plans. Build consensus with CEO, Staff and Board for approval and implementation. Manage accordingly.
• Develop and gain approval of annual expense budgets for areas of responsibility. Monitor throughout the year. Work with Donor Relationships Team, Finance Director, and CEO to adjust as warranted.
• Cultivate and maintain active donor relationships with major gift prospects.
• Build relationships with and investments from institutional philanthropy (locally, regionally, and nationally) with a focus on developing sustainable resources to support systemic changes to hunger.
• Develop and define, in partnership with the CEO and Board Chair, roles for board fundraising activity. Provide staff leadership for Board fundraising efforts.
• Ensure all donations are accurately received, posted, and acknowledged. Work with Donor Relationships and Finance Teams to maintain controls while continuously improving batch processing and other stewardship tenets. Ensure are funds are expended as intended by donors.
• Coordinate activities and collaboration of Donor Relationships Team with all other functional areas to ensure alignment on successful branding, messaging, promotion, outreach, communication, engagement, programming, operations, and controls.
• Provide leadership, coaching, training, support, and evaluation of the Donor Relationships Team to aid in each individual’s personal success and contributions to the team.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Foster a culture of stewardship and philanthropy throughout the organization.
• Actively engage and participate with the CEO and Leadership to ensure organizational success.
• Participate on board subcommittees as needed.
• Generate fundraising reports for Board meetings, and on an as-needed basis throughout the year.
• Prepare reports for funding sources, as requested.
• Represent the food bank at appropriate community and Feeding America meetings.
• Stay abreast of current events and issues that may impact the Food Bank.
• Represent the Food Bank as a speaker before church groups, civic organizations and in other forums to increase awareness and understanding of the work of God’s Pantry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional tenets of stewardship, integrity, and trust.
• Comfortable working in a creative, entrepreneurial environment with strong ability to adapt while organize work flow.
• Demonstrated ability to understand, meet, and interact with a wide, diverse array of people, to develop strong lasting relationships.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, bi-lingual proficiency a plus.
• Superior computer skills including donor management software, Raisers Edge proficiency preferred.
• Experience with successfully planning and measuring objectives required.
• Proven track record of setting, prospecting, and achieving revenue targets through corporate, foundation, grant, major gift, and individual fundraising channels.
• Demonstrated ability to create, articulate, implement and adjust strategy.
A relevant bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum of 8 years fundraising management or similar experience is required. Prior food banking or relevant Human/Social Services experience a plus. CFRE certification and/or AFP membership desired.
Open to evening and weekend work, as needed, engaging others in support of God’s Pantry Food Bank. Ability to travel locally, regionally, and nationally, on behalf of God’s Pantry Food Bank.
God’s Pantry Food Bank has retained The Batten Group, a national executive search firm specializing in nonprofit, to lead these efforts. Interested candidates can learn more about the opportunity and apply directly @ https://thebattengroup.com/job-seekers/#!/361b3bd9-e27e-4f90-a8f6-cc07ab658679/detail.
The mission of God’s Pantry Food Bank is to reduce hunger in Kentucky through community cooperation, making the best possible use of all available resources. GPFB collects and distributes donated food to agencies across Central and Eastern Kentucky.
POLICY ON PLACEMENT AND RECRUITMENT
The Batten Group and God’s Pantry Food Bank are equal opportunity employers committed to the principles of non-discrimination in the workplace. Candidates will not be discriminated on the basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, marital status or any other basis that is prohibited by federal, state, or local law.