The Donor Relations and Database Assistant supports the Food Bank’s Fundraising team by managing a variety of activities that advance our fundraising goals. These include data entry and management, generating reports and donor acknowledgements, donation research, and providing a high level of customer service to internal and external constituents.
Database Data Management
• Process incoming gifts.
• Interface with the Development team to provide project-based data sets, conduct regular reporting on performance and other metrics as assigned.
• Assist in maintaining donor relationship management database (Salesforce), including updating donor records, compiling biographical information, data entry, and pulling reports/queries.
• Processing donor concerns and corrections from returned letters and newsletters.
• Generate daily ledger for accounting, monthly reporting on contacts and donations.
• Direct donor stewardship including being a direct contact for donors with phone, mail and email support, acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, donor appreciation gifts.
• Assist with selected fundraising activities including fundraising, donor recognition, and cultivation events.
• Associate’s degree preferred and at least 2 years’ experience directly supporting donors/customers and data management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid California driver’s license and insurance, and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and navigating databases required.
• Familiarity with Salesforce a plus, but not required.
• Ability to read, interpret, and write professional reports and correspondence.
• Knowledge of project management principles including development and coordination of plans, communication, collaboration, and time management.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
• Maintain high level of confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
• Ability to regularly climb stairs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Donor Relations and Database Assistant.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Avenue, Concord, CA 94520