Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career passion? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Distribution Specialist to join our team!
The Distribution Specialist is responsible for storing, staging and packing food products. This role works closely with our distribution team and volunteers to pull and distribute product orders for our partner agencies. May train and direct volunteer workers to accomplish work.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for keeping pick locations full including restocking and rearranging product for maximum efficiency
- Ensure timely pulling of large delivery orders in order of importance
- Check all orders to verify accuracy
- Restock product as needed following specific food storage guidelines
- Monitor picking area, making sure that only designated people are present, i.e. FBR staff and volunteers
- Verify pick bins and work with Inventory Specialists to ensure accuracy
- Assists in maintaining accurate inventory counts; may research inventory to verify zeros
- Assist pulling product from warehouse to pick slots
- Replenishes distribution bins
- Ensure maximum and accurate inventory is available
- Maintaining the warehouse in a neat, clean and orderly manner
- Meet with volunteers and train for distribution and pulling procedures; reinforce safe work behavior of volunteers
- Secure distribution area at end of each shift and at end of work day
- Maintain warehouse according to Feeding America and AIB standards
- Follow all safety guidelines and regulations
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates Will Have:
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of FBR; represents the FBR brand in a positive manner internally and externally
- Able to interact with others in a diplomatic, courteous and positive manner; maintaining a professional demeanor and respond with urgency when necessary
- Must have strong problem solving, time management, organizational , multi-tasking and critical thinking skills
- Ability to coordinate and prioritize multiple tasks and projects efficiently while meeting deadlines and objectives
- Exercise cultural competency, including race, ethnicity, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, and disability among other areas
- Self-directed, proactive and independent problem solver
- Show strong team-building and interpersonal skills
- High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience working in a warehouse/manufacturing environment preferred
- Forklift certification preferred, but not required
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook and warehouse management systems a plus
Food Bank of the Rockies offers a competitive benefits package including health insurance, employee assistant program, paid time off, sick time, flexible schedule, paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply.
Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
What We Do:
More than 65 million pounds of food flow through our operation every year, feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. Our small and mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations, collectively serves 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.