The Director of Programs & Services will provide organizational and programmatic leadership to the departmental areas of Agency Relations, Child Nutrition and Direct Services. The successful candidate will develop, plan and implement programs which advance the FB mission via (engagement in public policy development) and fostering the growth of grassroots hunger awareness efforts throughout the FB service territory.
Leadership and Strategic Planning:
• Provide leadership and strategic planning in the areas of program management and service provision
• Manage staff to ensure program guidelines and requirements are streamlined, easily accessible and user friendly
• Provide leadership for staff work plans
• Identify, create plans for and execute strategies to ensure high level of service delivery to third party organizations
Program and Services Management:
• Oversee the development and management of programs and services; not limited to agency services, mobile distribution efforts, Child & Feeding programs
• Obtain peer feedback with regard to program policy, allocations, fund development in support of programs and services, reporting requirements
• Work with Fund Development Team in the preparation of grant proposals, donor visits and tracking donor deliverables.
• Share all research and department data with Fund Development Team
• Be an active member of the Grants Committee
• Mentor Fund Development Team members in the available data, as well as the working of Programs and Services
Compliance and Audits:
• Ensure compliance and successful completion of audits conducted by Feeding America, USDA, NJDA and any other donors or audit organizations.
• Ensure the department members collaborate with Accounting, Distribution Center and Fund Development, by delivering all files necessary for completion of all audits
• Ensure reports are formatted per funding guidelines, accurate, and timely; and submitted to funding providers as required
• Participate in national working groups or policy roundtables regarding programs delivered
• Provide reports to Executive Team and BOD when requested
• Establish and meet departmental budget
• Manage financial and other resources used to support programs and services
• Ensure funding to support programs and services is utilized as committed; identify and communicate when revisions to commitments are needed
• Ensure budgetary surpluses and deficits are identified and dispositioned in a timely manner
• Data Collection
• Lead the collect of program data used to meet requirements of fund providers and the needs of FBSJ
• Streamline data collection, entry, reporting and analysis to ensure efficient use of staff and the ability to make timely decisions with output reports
• Where possible, conduct evaluations of impact for all FB Programs and Services
• Responsible for the Hunger in America Study conducted every three years by Feeding America. Responsible for (data analysis, identifying areas of need, expansion and food deserts) to ensure that Every Program is in Every County (EPEC).
• Responsible for all activities associated w staffing the department; to include recruitment, interview, selection, on-boarding, training, coaching, development and appraisal of staff
• Develop and maintain department budget.
• Approve expenditures and invoices
• Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills. Able to create and present materials to Board of Directors and external contacts
• Proficient in all applicable MS Suite programs
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field
• Five to ten years relevant experience
• Valid driver’s license
Health, dental and vision insurance, 401K (employer contribution), life insurance, a robust PTO and holiday plan
Marking its 35th year in 2020, the Food Bank of South Jersey (FBSJ) is the leader in providing safe and nutritional food to people in need throughout South Jersey. FBSJ distributes food, provides nutrition education and cooking courses, and helps food-insecure families and seniors find sustainable ways to improve their lives.
The Food Bank of South Jersey is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other status protected under federal, state or local law. We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. Food Bank of South Jersey is an essential business. We believe and support the safety and security of all of our volunteers and our employees. Background checks will be completed for final candidates.