Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Director of Philanthropy is part of an integrated development and marketing team. He/she will work closely with the CDO playing an active role in strengthening a foundation of donor relationship management at AFFB. He/she will manage an assigned portfolio of donors and develop moves management strategies for deeper engagement.
The primary objective of this position will serve as an active participant in a professional team devoted to securing significant gifts to further the mission of All Faiths Food Bank.
• Manage a portfolio of approximately 125 major gift donors and prospects capable of making gifts of $5,000 and above.
• Create comprehensive annual donor proposals including general and program support as well as planned giving.
• Design and strengthen the systems and processes for managing relationships with donors.
• Identify high-potential mid-level donors to steward and upgrade to major donors through strategic moves management efforts.
• Create involvement opportunities for donors, such as tours, site visits, volunteer opportunities and special events
• Work independently to organize and schedule appointments to ensure that targets for number of communications, personal visits and/or personal contacts are met each month
• Track all interactions with donors and prospects in Donor Perfect and report progress monthly.
• Represent All Faiths Food Bank at designated functions.
• Presents and speaks on behalf of All Faiths Food Bank as needed
• Participate in internal training opportunities as well as external conferences and seminars to enhance professional development.
• Keep up to date on current fundraising trends and gift tax laws.
• Organize small donor gatherings when appropriate.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
• Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years fundraising experience in working with $5,000 plus donors, CFRE a plus
• Demonstrated success in building, managing relationships, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors
• Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office, Donor Perfect or other donor management software)
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills including networking and public speaking
• Proven ability to manage multiple and varied tasks and projects
• Goal and results motivated
• Superb organizational skills
• Detail- oriented
• Committed to serving vulnerable populations and ending hunger in the community served by AFFB
• Acceptance of and commitment to All Faiths Food Bank’s values, vision and mission.
All Faiths Food Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer and fully committed to attracting and retaining diverse talent in order to better reflect the wide variety of experiences and views of the many different stakeholders with whom we are connected. We will invest in actively recruiting, engaging and fostering a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that promotes equity and inclusion.
We commit to providing policies, systems and a culture where our staff and those we serve will be afforded equitable access and opportunities to reach their full potential and feel valued, respected and supported.
Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances
Flexible spending account
Generous holiday, vacation, sick time, and personal time policies
401-k with organization match
Cover letter and resumes can be directed to [email protected].
All Faiths Food Bank (AFFB), the only Food Bank in Sarasota and DeSoto Counties, is a dynamic group of professionals who find innovative ways to end hunger in our community. With progressive growth over the last 5 years we have grown to be a convener for health care, human services and social service organizations to help build a healthy future for our next-door neighbors, who, sadly, experience hunger.
This position is based in Sarasota, Florida which is a progressive and dynamic community in Southwest Florida's Gulf of Mexico region.