The New Hampshire Food Bank is the only Food Bank serving the state with over 425 agency partners. The New Hampshire Food Bank is a program of Catholic Charities N.H.
• Participate in all strategic planning processes and activities for the NH Food Bank.
• Serve as a member of the management team and as such, provide leadership in decision-making, vision building and strategic guidance in all areas.
• Develop and manage annual budget and capital budget in collaboration with the Executive Director, other members of senior management and appropriate staff at Catholic Charities.
• Interact with Feeding America (and various regional or sub-regional food bank organizations) to enhance and further NHFB’s work to fight hunger locally, while working cooperatively with other food banks in the national network.
• Strategize and collaborate with Agencies/Programs team on food procurement needs, oversee plans for annual procurement (rescue/recovery, donations, purchase).
• Provide supervision and oversight to NHFB’s distribution and warehousing of food, ensuring compliance with all safety and other regulations (e.g. OSHA standards, AIB Food Safety, Feeding America, USDA, state of NH and local regulations).
• Ensure the efficient transportation logistics including delivery/pickup routes, as well as the maintenance and management of vehicle fleet.
• Ensure good working relationship with Catholic Charities IT staff as well as Software specific vendors. Is primary contact for Catholic Charities IT staff and may have duties as assigned to ensure that NHFB file servers and other equipment are in good working order and staff follows established policies and procedures to protect the NH Food Bank, Catholic Charities and donor and client information.
• Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
• Lead through influence; instill a coaching culture, and prioritize and communicate with staff about key objectives necessary to achieve organization goals.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience =
• Minimum of five years of prior management experience in operational roles (experience with distribution/logistics systems preferred).
• Demonstrated senior leadership with strategic, policy, and budget planning experience in complex organization.
• Five years’ experience with distribution/logistics systems and direct experience with food distribution preferred.
• Direct knowledge and application of food, product and operational safety in such areas as AIB or HACCP.
• Valid driver’s license.
• A balanced strategic thinker and strong operator; highly results-oriented.
• Flexible and agile, an ability to manage change positively and balance competing priorities without getting overwhelmed.
• Excellent relationship building skills with ability to communicate and work effectively with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Strong business acumen and ability to contribute to strategy and operations; use understanding of key business goals and strategies to deliver on the mission.
• A sense of humor and the personal qualities of integrity, humility, entrepreneurial spirit, calm under fire, and commitment to striving for continuous improvement.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to relate well to employees at all levels of NHFB, ability to build appropriate rapport, ability to build constructive and effective relationships.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively coach and mentor team members; collaborate and build relationships; and leverage resources within the function and across the organization to achieve desired outcomes.
Full benefit package available
Kevin J Spillane
Recruitment / Compensation Specialist Catholic Charities New Hampshire
587 Maple Street Manchester,
The New Hampshire Food Bank, a program of Catholic Charities N.H. serves the entire state through a network of over 425 agency partners. The New Hampshire Food Bank receives no Federal or State funding/support for its food distribution programs.