Fulfill is seeking a Director of Operations (DO) who will be responsible for the overall management and supervision of Fulfill’s operations in the general areas of the distribution center and facilities, warehouse staff & drivers, delivery schedules, vehicle maintenance, inventory oversight, shipping and receiving logistics; compliance with AIB, Feeding America, USDA, OSHA. FDA and other relevant standards; USDA programs including TEFAP and CSFP, and food sourcing and collaboration with agencies and other partners.
The DO is responsible for the direct supervision of the Operations Manager and Food Sourcing Manager, and indirectly oversees warehouse associates, truck drivers, logistics supervisor, logistics coordinator and inventory coordinator. This includes interviewing/hiring, employee relations, goal setting, problem-solving and performance evaluation and discipline.
The DO is a member of the organization’s Senior Management Team and serves as its chief safety and disaster preparedness officer, and is a direct report to the CEO.
The DO will manage the overall strategy for leveraging multiple distribution centers and develop and implement short and long term plans and programs that support organizational goals. The DO shall have direct contact with stakeholders, partners and Board of Trustees.
• Oversee all aspects of warehouse operations.
• Ensure employees are properly trained to perform their functions and operate equipment.
• Supervise and work closely with the Operations Manager and Food Sourcing Manager to control inventory, receipts and distribution of product.
Building, Grounds, Vehicles, Equipment, and Safety
• Ensure maintenance is done on warehouse and equipment as required.
• Ensure the warehouse and outside grounds are kept clean and organized.
• Negotiate contracts for services, including but not limited to pest control, trash removal, lawn care & cleaning.
• Ensure warehouse activities are conducted in accordance with all state and federal safety rules and practices, including but not limited to OSHA.
• Be responsible for all truck inspections, including but not limited to all DOT requirements.
• Negotiate and manage contracts for truck service, maintenance, and fuel.
• Manage GPS and ELD software for vehicles.
• Maintain inventory of office, warehouse and other items as required.
Compliance and Documentation
• Update and develop the Quality Assurance Manual and ensure all practices (food handling, salvage processing, refrigeration, freezer, etc.) are conducted in accordance with AIB, State, Federal and Feeding America (national) health guidelines and ensure proper documentation is maintained for all food safety programs.
• Ensure other Food Bank operations and practices are in compliance with governmental regulations, OSHA, Feeding America and other relevant agencies.
• Serve as the point of contact for all inspections.
The DO will oversee general day-to-day operations of warehouse, facilities, the receiving, storage and distribution of food. The DO will conduct performance evaluations for direct reports, and ensure evaluations are being conducted for non-direct reports.
• Support the organization’s special food and fundraising events in conjunction with the Development Director and CEO.
• Represent Fulfill at emergency planning committees, e.g. Local Emergency Planning Committee [LEPC] and other community organizations as assigned by the CEO.
• Be adequately cross-trained to fill in for the Operations Department staff when absent.
• Develop, maintain, and administer Operations Department training plans.
• Provide reports as requested for Board of Trustees.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have a deep commitment to the mission of the organization to end hunger in our community.
• Hold a Bachelor degree and have at least five (5) years of experience in a management role in warehouse/distribution technology procedures and logistics.
• Be proficient in a software inventory system, with knowledge of Ceres 4.5 a plus.
• Experience using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Have the ability to work with a diverse staff and a variety of volunteers.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
• Have exemplary written, oral, and presentation skills.
• Be a team player.
• Be a leader.
Annual salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include up to 100% company paid health/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, employee assistance program, generous paid time off and NJ Sick Leave.
Send cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Fulfill, formerly The FoodBank of Monmouth and Ocean Counties, is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to alleviate hunger and build food security in Monmouth and Ocean Counties. The Fulfill team is dedicated to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network to eliminate hunger. We are committed to embodying Fulfill’s values in all that we do. Fulfill’s headquarters is located at the Jersey Shore, in Neptune, NJ, with a satellite office at The B.E.A.T. Center in Toms River.
Please learn more at www.fulfillnj.org