Directs, administers, and coordinates the operational activities of the organization in support of established policies, goals and objectives in conjunction with and under the direction of the COO. Is responsible for a safe, well-organized and efficient operation.
Direct supervision of the Distribution Manager, Transportation Manager, Compliance Manager and Food Donor Relations Manager, as well as indirect supervision of operations staff in those areas.
• Minimum 8 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field highly desired.
• Knowledge of best practices in transportation, warehousing and distribution for a food distribution operation and ability to drive and implement change in a complex environment.
• Analytical and problem-solving skills, possessing the ability to develop and implement strategic plans.
• Demonstrated ability to manage a large-scale Distribution Center and achieve results through others in a collaborative manner. Exceptional organization of short-, intermediate- and long-term commitments to ensure completion to schedule. Strong follow up and follow through capabilities are a must.
• Significant experience in commercial transportation, both inbound and outbound with knowledge of FMCSA regulation and management of a private carrier fleet with both CDL A and B drivers.
• Knowledge of AIB and general food safety requirements, auditing requirements, inspections, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills along with the ability to provide clear and concise details regarding cause and effect, both verbally and written.
• Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office, ERP systems, TMS and WMS software's.
• Must be available to work fluctuating schedule throughout the regular work week including Saturday and Sunday work.
Medical, Dental and Vision covered at 100% for employee
Short Term and Long Term Disability
Vacation, Sick and Personal PTO
Submit current Resume to [email protected]
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger (EPFH) is El Paso's only food bank and a member of Feeding America, the nation's largest hunger relief network. The Food Bank is the distribution center for over 132 partner pantries across the borderland region and collaborative hub for hunger initiatives that assists in SNAP applications and nutrition education. EPFH also distributes healthy and nutritious food to 235 client choice mobile pantries, which provide food to underserved/unserved communities. We currently serve 200,000 food insecure people with 1 in every 3 children and 1 in every 4 adults unsure of where their next meal will come from. Food insecurity is defined as being limited at times to having adequate food because of a lack of money and other resources.
Hunger does not discriminate. We serve children, single parent households, veterans, senior citizens, and working class families. For many of those we serve, they are often faced with tough choices to put food on their table. In 2019, EPFH proudly distributed 32.5 million pounds of food across El Paso, Hudspeth and Culberson Counties.