The Director of Operations will provide guidance and oversight in the management of the warehouse and processing departments. They will support the organizational strategic plan by managing the safety of incoming and outgoing food, implementation and creation of processes and to create a safe work environment for all. They will also work closely in supporting the needs of other departments as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Communicate with team members and management team to ensure all teams are aware of organizational efforts and changes.
• Oversee proper maintenance of the warehouse facility and equipment to ensure compliance with external regulatory bodies making employee, volunteer and food safety top priorities
• Manage product recovery function to guarantee maximum product into the area, compliance of recovered goods with external regulatory bodies and good work environment for employees and volunteer staff in product recovery.
• Determine safety, equipment and other training needs of warehouse staff.
• Develop, coordinate and schedule training in order to meet health and safety standards.
• Continually monitor and evaluate the department staff and provide guidance and corrective action when necessary to meet the expectations of the organization.
• Ensure accurate and timely shipping and receiving systems.
• Ensure appropriate inventory controls, including rotation of product, receiving and distribution completed daily, proper tagging, and accurate monthly inventory counts.
• Supervise all activities to ensure that the goals and objectives of each program are met.
• Manage activities in a cost-effective manner.
• Participate in disaster response training.
• Food Defense Certified, Serve Safe Manager Certified, HACCP Certified, and Food Handling Manager Certified.
• Ensure facility and operations are always audit ready.
• Serves as the Regulatory Compliance Officer, Food Safety Committee Chair, Food Defense Coordinator, and the Recall Management Coordinator.
• Responsible for creation of warehouse safety committee and procedures within facility. Provide training to staff on equipment and processes.
• Manage and analyze department dashboard.
• Ability to work with other departments and problem solve effectively.
• Implement a second warehouse shift to increase capacity around receiving and order selection.
• Work collaboratively with Programs team on workforce development program.
• Ensure product quality control procedures are in place.
• Enhance cleanliness and policies and procedures around facilities.
• Ability to work evening and weekends as necessary.
• Provide recommendations to COO on process improvement.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience; food bank experience a plus
• Five plus years’ related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the management of teams, supervising inventory, and warehouses to include shipping and receiving.
• May be required to work some weekends and/or adjust work schedule to meet deadlines.
• Commitment to understanding and supporting FTB’s mission.
• Proficient and enjoys public speaking.
• Ability to communicate with culturally diverse groups.
• Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
• Superior customer service skills and strong team player and peer relationships.
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Computer skills required: Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Must be able to prioritize work flow while motivating & leading staff.
• Ability to analyze demographics and other information, interpret and develop reports.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: No phone calls accepted
Employee Type: Full-Time, Exempt
Focused on uplifting our neighbors toward long-term sustainability, Feeding Tampa Bay nourishes human potential by providing access to food and then leveraging that access to connect those we serve with empowering resources. With a commitment to end hunger in our region by 2025, our work is driven by the desire to create health and capability in every family, child and senior we serve.
At Feeding Tampa Bay, we are on a united path to transform our community. We thoughtfully drive change while embracing and celebrating our collective impact, as well as the impact of each individual.