The Director of Individual Giving is responsible for the development and execution of a comprehensive individual giving program through solicitation, cultivation, and stewardship of individual donor relationships. This position directs all major gifts activity, general individual giving, direct mail, planned giving, and donor events to grow and achieve revenue goals. This position reports to the Chief Development Officer and works closely with the Directors of Marketing and Communications, Corporate and Foundations Relations, and Volunteer Engagement to ensure paths align with individual giving strategies.
• Develop comprehensive individual giving plans and revenue targets each year, direct execution of campaigns from individuals, including major giving, planned giving, events, direct mail, and general giving to ensure all donor solicitations, donor retention and funding objectives are achieved.
• Establish, and implement the systems and processes needed to meet and grow annual targets for revenue through contributions from individuals.
• Manages relationships with portfolio of major donors is personally responsible for the direct solicitation of six and seven-figure gifts. Create and implement individual goals and stewardship plans based on history of giving and the organization's knowledge of that donor's potential.
• Partner with Chief Development Officer to promote and develop strategies to engage key stakeholders across the organization and effectively strengthen the organization's overall fundraising capacity.
• Develop and implement reporting of fundraising progress, KPI’s and targets specific fundraising and relationship management including reports, queries, and data analysis.
• Collaborate with peers to secure appropriate project information, including budgets, offers, proposals and asks.
• Define standards for data entry, data cleanup, gift processing, reporting, donor stewardship and recognition. Monitor, analyze and report on targets. Submits monthly reports as required.
• Accountable to achieve activity and revenue goals, directly or through staff.
• Participate as a member of Food Lifeline’s Leadership Team, working to partner and align with peers across the organization to collaborate on cross-departmental work and cultivate our desired workplace culture.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 5 years professional experience in fundraising, 3 years of people management experience and, preferably, personally lived or experienced systemic hunger and/or it's root causes.
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Life insurance
• 100% employer-paid short and long-term disability insurance
• Flexible Spending Account for health care and dependent costs
• 403(b) retirement plan with company match
• Employee Assistance Program
• Generous paid vacation and paid sick leave
• 10 paid holidays annually
Please read the full job description and apply online at: foodlifeline.org/careers
Food Lifeline is on a mission to end hunger in Western Washington. We believe that access to food is a human right and that nobody deserves to be hungry. Food Lifeline provides nutritious food to hundreds of thousands of people facing hunger every year by sourcing nutritious food from a variety of food industry partners. We distribute this food through a partnership with 300 food banks, shelters, and meal programs, enabling us to provide the equivalent of 134,000 meals every single day. At the same time we are working to end hunger for the future by addressing its root causes, including systemic inequity and social injustice. We do this through advocacy efforts to shape local, state, and federal policy, by partnering with organizations that are addressing other causes of poverty, and through community engagement and mobilization efforts.