You can make an immediate difference in the lives of your neighbors if you are an experienced fundraiser who enjoys and is successful at connecting people through philanthropy. We invite experienced candidates to share their talents to help us sustain the vital mission of the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank. We are a well-respected, regional nonprofit serving 25 counties, with an annual operating budget of $8.3 million.
The Director of Individual Giving is responsible for developing and strengthening relationships between the Food Bank and individual donors, especially donors capable of making leadership ($10,000+) and/or planned gifts. The Director of Individual Giving reports to the Chief Philanthropy Officer. The position requires regional travel and occasional evening and weekend work.
• Bachelor’s degree required; a Master’s degree is preferred
• At least 3 years’ experience in fundraising with demonstrated application of
best practices in donor-centered relationship management, and some
experience in major gift fundraising
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and ability to speak in front of
• Ability to work in a complex environment with minimal supervision
(independently) but as a member of a dynamic and supportive team, and a
collaborator across departments
• Strong leadership ability, sound judgment and high professional ethics
• Proficiency with constituent relationship database systems
The position is full-time with a competitive salary and benefits package. To apply submit a cover letter, resume and three references to the Blue Ridge Area Food Bank, Human Resources Office, P.O. Box 937, Verona, 24482 or via email to [email protected].
Position will remain open until filled.
The Blue Ridge Area Food Bank is committed to equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, marital status, political affiliation, genetics or disability. We prohibit discrimination in all aspects of our policies, practices, operations and programs.