Excellent opportunity for a strong fund development professional with progressive experience raising funds in a fast moving environment. Oversee and manage all fundraising programs, including planning, goal setting, implementing, and evaluating all fundraising activities to secure financial support and meet Harvesters’ fundraising goals.
1. Lead, develop and support a team of professionals in executing annual, ongoing, special event, corporate, foundation and major donor fund raising programs and strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit and recognize financial contributors.
2. Develop and execute annual and multi-year fund development plans, goals, and strategies in partnership with the Chief Resource Officer.
3. Partner with Harvesters’ Resource Development department Directors to build Harvesters’ brand and maintain organization and community stakeholder relationships.
4. Work closely with Senior Manager of Annual Giving to plan, implement and evaluate annual giving strategies to acquire, maintain and grow support of mid-level, monthly and planned gift donors, including attention to Special Events.
5. Work closely with Senior Manager of Individual and Corporate Giving to plan, implement and evaluate major gifts fundraising strategies to acquire, cultivate, renew and increase the support of major gift prospects and solicit major and multi-year gifts
6. Work closely with Foundation Relations Manager to plan, implement and evaluate strategies to acquire, maintain and grow foundation support and solicit annual and multi -year gifts.
7. Work with staff assigned to plan, implement and evaluate planned giving strategies to acquire and cultivate planned giving prospects and secure planned gifts.
8. Develop relationships with current and prospective donors to include site visits, cultivation opportunities, stewardship and other related activities.
9. Identify, design and implement as appropriate new/ value added fund raising approaches targeting individuals, groups, corporations, foundations and government organizations.
10. Ensure that accurate fund development database, department reporting, donor correspondence, mail lists, department processes and procedures are maintained for positive fundraising results.
11. Plan and manage the fund development budget to ensure responsible control over utilization of resources
12. Serve as fund development staff liaison for Board of Directors Resource Committees and task forces as assigned.
13. Perform other duties as required.
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE JOB:
1. Able to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships and an exceptional level of communication with donors, volunteers, co-workers and the public.
2. Have the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
3. Have a commitment to the mission of Harvesters.
4. Keen attention to detail and skilled in planning and organization.
5. Able to multi-task and collaborate with others on a team to achieve goals in a busy office environment.
6. Produce high quality and effective products with limited resources.
7. This position functions in an office environment and requires local travel in the service area. It requires the use of general office equipment such as computers, copiers, fax machines, and automobiles. Some evening and weekend hours are required.
8. This position requires an understanding of all Harvesters food safety policies and compliance with all food safety related procedures.
1. Required Experience, Skills
• Minimum 8 years fund development experience and documented success with all aspects of fundraising best practices and methods.
• Minimum 8 years in supervisory role, with increasing levels of responsibility.
• Minimum 8 years fund development department management experience.
• Solicitation experience.
• Ability to take initiative, coordinate with others and follow through in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication, organization and presentation skills.
• Computer literacy with experience in Word, Excel, Microsoft Office.
2. Preferred Experience, Skills
• 10 years documented success in fundraising at the $10 million level and above
• 10 years in a supervisory role with increasing levels of responsibility
• 10 years managerial experience
• Knowledge of regional philanthropic community.
• Experience with non-profit fundraising software. Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
3. Required Education
• Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or equivalent
4. Preferred Education
• Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Nonprofit Management or related field
A variety of benefit coverages available to include medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, critical illness, accidental death and dismemberment, and life insurance.
Our PTO program allows for a work/life balance.
New employees are eligible to participate in the 403b plan immediately.
Harvesters’ mission is to feed hungry people today and work to end hunger tomorrow.
We are a regional food bank serving a 26-county area of northwestern Missouri and northeastern Kansas. Harvesters provides food and related household products to more than 760 nonprofit agencies including emergency food pantries, community kitchens, homeless shelters, children’s homes and others. We also offer education programs to increase community awareness of hunger and teach about good nutrition.
Harvesters' main facility is located in Kansas City, Missouri at 3801 Topping Ave. Harvesters also operates a second facility in Topeka, Kansas at 215 E. Quincy St.
Harvesters is a certified member of Feeding America, a nationwide network of more than 200 food banks. In 2011, Harvesters was Feeding America’s Food Bank of the Year. We are a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Harvesters also is a regional disaster-relief staging site for Feeding America. We are prepared to distribute food, water and cleaning supplies to disaster sites on short notice.
To learn more or share Harvesters information with a group, request a speaker for your next meeting or event. If you represent a nonprofit organization, learn more about becoming a Harvesters agency.