Director of Food Procurement position available in Geneva, IL
- Develop, implement and manage departmental food resourcing goals and objectives to align with organizations strategic goals and initiatives.
- Implement processes and best practices for all product purchasing programs.
- Plan, implement and analyze all strategies related to grant/government funds allocated to the acquisition of products.
- Responsible for the cultivation and development of new donors within the service area by utilizing and maintaining key stakeholder relationships across our service area and Feeding America’s network.
- Work collaboratively with Warehouse, Transportation, and Agency & Program Services staff to ensure that food acquisition strategies align with strategic direction.
- Steward existing donors within the service area with the Product Acquisition Representatives through appropriate engagement activities, including visits, communications, and recognition programs.
- Host food industry member visits and tours. - May serve as a staff representative on a board committee.
- Track, analyze and report on selected metrics; i.e., pounds, donations by category, donations by the donor, current donor lists, lapsed donor strategies, prospective donors, purchased food pounds, product demands, EFP Bonus Product Opportunities, and Produce Program
- Manage trades of surplus inventory with other food banks.
- Manage Milk to My Plate Program and strategies for growth while adhering to budget
- Maintain strong relationship with Feeding America food sourcing department. - Manage Feeding America CHOICE system to acquire nationally donated product.
- Provide professional, responsive and appreciative customer service to all food industry partners.
- Establishes and maintains strong relationships with Northern Illinois Food Bank team members and stakeholders.
- Directs employees including performance management, salary planning and administration, training and development, workflow and organizational planning, hiring and placement, and Performance Management.
- Participates in special projects.
- Committed to the organizational mission of ending hunger.
- Works in collaboration with other Northern Illinois Food Bank team members and contributes additional work as necessary.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in the food industry. Proven success in sales and cold calling. Proven success in development and leadership of team members. Experience in food industry, sales and customer service strongly preferred. Understanding of budget management. Proficiency in Windows based computer software; excellent skills required in Excel, Word and Outlook. Skills/Competencies: Exceptional analytical skills and strong mathematical ability. Strong business acumen. Ability to develop strategic relationships with stakeholders. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be self–directed and possess the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities while maintaining high levels of performance. Must represent Northern Illinois Food Bank with professionalism when interacting with external and internal stakeholders.
JOB CONDITIONS: Working Conditions: Normal office environment. Must be able to travel within network up to 50% of the time. Reliable transportation is required.
Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (up to 4.5% employer match), Paid Time Off, Disability
To Apply for Director of Food Procurement Use this Link
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than 71,500 people each week. As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on our generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.
Supports organizational strategic plan by creating, developing and managing food acquisition initiatives to ensure continued growth in food resources. This position is directly responsible for donor development with farmers, wholesalers, manufacturers, distributors, retail grocery, and food service companies. Oversees produce acquisition and food purchasing to support Food Bank programs. Ensures that all food acquisition activities reflect the highest level of professionalism, follow best business practices and create positive community relations.