POSITION TITLE: Director of Finance
REPORTS TO: President & CEO
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt, Full-time
The Director of Finance (DoF) will provide operational and strategic leadership and oversight in matters pertaining to the financial sustainability of the organization. Within this role, the major responsibilities to be fulfilled are to plan, direct, and coordinate the activities relating to accounting, fiscal reporting, debt management, treasury functions including cash management, investments, banking relationships, business licensing administration, sales tax administration, real estate, data processing, risk management and insurance, purchasing, and warehousing. This position oversees all company financial practices, including accounting department policies and procedures, preparation of budgets, development of financial reports and tax filings, and management of external/internal audit activities.
1. Plan, organize, and direct activities related to organizational operations dealing with financial reporting and accounting, banking relationships, real estate, purchasing and warehousing, risk management and insurance, cash management, business licensing, sales tax administration and collection, investments, and debt management.
2. Plan, organize, and directs fiscal and management control functions.
3. Responsible for the preparation of monthly and annual financial reports.
4. Oversees financial and accounting system controls and standards and ensures timely financial and statistical reports for management and/or Board use.
5. Oversees the organization’s contracts with IT vendor(s), including responsibility for data base management, reporting, application development and business process documentation and improvement.
6. Directs the organization’s Finance department (staff of 2) including general ledger accounting, A/P, A/R, cash management, grant management (financial) and overall financial reporting.
7. Directs and coordinates Feeding South Florida’s annual budget and forecasting activities.
8. Advises and makes recommendations to the President & CEO and the Executive Team regarding financial, IT and general business strategy matters.
9. Participates in the planning, development, review and alignment of new projects, programs, facilities and investments considered by the organization within the strategic plan.
10. Directs and participates in management studies, and reports on complex financial analysis and organizational and administrative policies to support continuous operational process improvement.
11. Analyzes operations to evaluate performance of the organization in meeting objectives to determine potential cost reduction, improvements in budgets or policy change.
12. Sets forth desired objectives, develops procedures, and proposes changes in existing financial/accounting methods, makes recommendations and executes appropriate actions to correct deficiencies.
13. Reviews all organizational budgets and financial plans periodically to make recommendations for approval or to assess the efficiency of operations and the degree of achievement of financial goals.
14. Reviews and makes recommended changes to organizational contracts after receiving approval from the Executive Team.
15. Manages Feeding South Florida’s legal, audit, insurance, banking and other external relationships in support of organizational goals.
16. Emphasizes Mission and Values consistently to the team.
17. Assists the CEO as necessary.
• Ten years of experience in managing a medium to large finance department, including proven experience at a policy determination level.
• B.S. in Accounting or Finance, with strong knowledge of GAAP and an understanding of non-profit accounting principles. (Master's degree in business administration, Finance, or Accounting is preferred.)
• Demonstrated proficiency in developing and sustaining effective working relationships with management, peers, and direct reports.
• Experience working independently and as part of a team.
• Experience working with Executive Management and Boards of Directors.
• Experience with managing sophisticated accounting requirements in support of multi-organizational units.
• Competency in financial reporting, both for individual organizational entities and consolidated reporting.
• Experience managing a data processing function within an organization.
• Experience with risk management and insurance; purchasing and materials management; real estate acquisition and real property management.
• Experience in establishing and maintaining multiple banking and financing relationships.
• Strong proficiency with current financial and accounting computer applications.
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
• Impeccable discretion and judgment with a high level of personal integrity.
• Strategic planner with complex problem resolution skills and general management expertise.
• Effective oral and written communication skills, including the ability to coach and lead, as well as interact with a diverse group of people.
• Capable of maintaining composure while working under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, with multiple deadlines and assignments, all while completing tasks in a timely and professional manner.
• Must maintain a valid Driver’s License and access to an insured personal vehicle.
Comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; Generous PTO allowance; 401k.
Please submit resume to [email protected]