This management position oversees fundraising strategies, outreach, and donor activities for MFN; researches and develops grant requests; oversees donor file maintenance; serves as primary media contact; oversees public relations activities and food drive initiatives; manages volunteer and social media programs.
• Oversee overall fundraising strategy for the organization.
• Oversee direct response program (direct mail and online giving) including review of
strategy and materials.
• Enhance and coordinate annual fundraising programs to increase public and private
grants; corporate, individual, foundation, and church-based contributions.
• Coordinate with the CEO the Board’s involvement in fundraising activities.
• Oversee grant requests and reporting programs as appropriate.
• Manage donor recognition program.
• Assume primary responsibility for the collection of data for fundraising materials.
• Serve as primary liaison to groups and businesses that offer a promotion or special
fundraising events to MFN. Evaluate the viability and appropriateness and ensure
that sponsors adhere to guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned
• Serve as a primary media contact, including media inquiries and coordinating
• Develop, implement and maintain a strong community and public relations program
to raise community awareness about hunger, and secure new and increased
• Plan, implement, and coordinate special public relations events.
• Produce and coordinate displays and promotional materials.
• Conduct tours and make presentations to community programs and develop a
strong, ongoing internet and social media communications plan regarding
· Ensure the volunteer program is maximized as a cultivation and fundraising
• Must be familiar with and abide by all AIB regulations and food safety compliance.
• Responsible for the overall management of the External Affairs Department as well
as assuring a positive interaction with other departments within the organization.
• Undertake other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required, with three to five years’ fundraising and public relations
• Demonstrate ability to structure and implement fundraising programs and strategic
public relations plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to interact with staff, board, contributors, community representatives,
volunteers, and people of all backgrounds, cultural groups, and economic levels.
• Grant writing experience.
• Two to three years of Supervisory experience.
• Computer literacy.
Comprehensive benefits plan:
Basic Life/ Volunteer Life
Organization-sponsored Pension Plan
Apply to: [email protected]
Mississippi Food Network (MFN) has been feeding Mississippians since 1984. MFN feeds more than 150,000 people every month or a total of 1.8 million people annually. MFN takes donations from multiple sources and distributes food and goods through its 430 member agencies. These agencies, in turn, distribute food to recipients within their communities. Our mission here at MFN is to relieve poverty-related hunger in our service area by distributing donated and purchased food and grocery products through a network of member churches and nonprofit organizations. We provide nutrition education to our needy clients. We also emphasize advocacy and related needs