The Chattanooga Area Food Bank (CAFB) is seeking a dynamic, team-oriented individual to join our dedicated team. Serving twenty counties with two locations in Chattanooga and one in Dalton, the Chattanooga Area Food Bank’s mission is to lead a network of partners and unite the community to eliminate hunger by feeding, nourishing, and empowering those we serve. The Chattanooga Area Food Bank opened our first Georgia warehouse in Dalton in 2011, as a result of a strategy to better serve our NWGA neighbors and community partners. This position will focus on strengthening our relationships within our NWGA communities to ensure that all Georgians have access to food when they need it. This position will be primarily located at our Dalton location with occasional travel to the Chattanooga locations.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Director of Donor Experience – Northwest Georgia (NWGA) will join a team of collaborative, values-driven, and effective development professionals who are passionate about resourcing an end to hunger and hunger’s root causes. This position works collaboratively with development staff, members of the leadership team, programming and operational staff as well as board members and volunteers in raising private funds to support the CAFB’s mission through major and planned gifts. The Director of Donor Experience - NWGA will manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors and will be expected to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward these individuals, corporations, organizations, and foundations. The successful candidate will spend significant time externally meeting with individuals and organizations, building the CAFB’s visibility, impact and financial resources in the NWGA area. Additionally, this position is responsible for representing the organization in the community in various ways, including facility tours and speaking engagements
• Actively manage a portfolio of current and potential individual, corporate, and organizational donors ensuring each donor’s experience is consistent, high quality, and is aligned with their passions and interests through their giving to the CAFB
• Build strong, engaged relationships with major gift prospects to determine and merge prospect passions, interests, and needs with CAFB areas of funding priority and opportunity
• Through research and best practices, identify, cultivate and solicit individuals, corporations, and organizations for general operating support, program support and endowment working both independently and collaboratively with CDO, Board members, and other CAFB volunteers and staff
• Collaborate with the CDO and the development team in the successful development and implementation of both short and long-term strategic department goals that match the CAFB’s vision, mission, values, and budgetary requirements
• Monitor and analyze portfolio performance to achieve annual goals
• Prepare proposals, solicitation letters and stewardship reports
• Collaborate with the development team to thank and steward donors
• Support the branding, messaging, and communications of the CAFB, both internally and externally
• Collaborate and coordinate with mail house on all communications, strategies, materials and special purpose appeals associated with direct mail appeals
• Maintain accurate donor/prospect records in the donor system, planning and documenting significant strategic prospect “moves” toward closure of major gifts, per department policies
• Ensure best practices in office systems, practices, files and record keeping; ensure effective use of strategic tools and resources such as contact reports, prospect management, research, and analysis, and the donor database
• Work with development team on special donor events including, but not limited to, major donor events, special marketing events, planned giving events and other donor-specific events - some evening and weekend work is required
• Conduct warehouse tours for prospective donors, volunteers, and guests. Ensure follow-up with tour participants, as appropriate, to cultivate relationship and continued engagement
• Participate in external speaking engagements to create brand awareness and build the CAFB brand within the community
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Three to five years’ experience in fundraising specifically cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts
• Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Strategic thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• High level of proficiency with MS Office and donor database or CRM such as Raiser’s Edge NXT
• Detail-oriented and organized, with attention to content accuracy and deadlines
• Sensitivity, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to honor confidentiality
• Highly motivated, creative, and able to work independently as well as in a team-based environment
• Energetic and passionate about our community and our mission to end hunger
This is a full time exempt position with competitive salary and benefits, including: vacation, sick leave, health insurance & 401k.
Send cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
The Chattanooga Area Food Bank leads a network of partners in eliminating hunger and promoting better nutrition in our region. We acquire and distribute healthy food across a 20 county service region; we engage the public in the fight to end hunger; we empower people to take responsibility for their health and their lives.
Visit our website www.chattfoodbank.org to learn more about our organization.