With guidance and support from the Chief Operations Officer this position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Food Bank in the areas of receiving, tracking, distribution and overall inventory control of products; and physical plant safety and maintenance.
• Develop & manage systems & procedures for safe receiving, storage, allocation, and distribution of food in compliance with all local, state, federal, and Feeding America standards and regulations;
• Develop, manage and maintain IT systems and procedures required to properly record all activity and physical inventories of food and materials, including traceability for recall, physical location identification, code dating, facilitation of proper stock movement and rotation, and cycle and physical inventory counts;
• Interface with volunteers, community groups, donors & potential collaborative partners to further the EPFH mission;
• Manage, motivate & develop staff to include performance appraisals, coaching & continuing education opportunities;
• Develop & manage a maintenance program that will ensure that all facilities, equipment & distribution related equipment is operational & meet all local, state & federal regulations;
• Develop & manage a comprehensive safety and OSHA compliance program for distribution employees & volunteers;
• Work with COO and CFO to create departmental budgets and manage; monitor & approve expenditures, & maintenance;
• Submit monthly, quarterly, and annual reports as required to include TDA, Federal Reporting, and Feeding America;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and five years of experience of distribution management in a high-volume food distribution environment, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities & projects & consistently meet deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Ability to positively lead, manage, and develop people while maintaining productivity and food safety standards;
- Proficiency with basic software programs such as MS Word and Excel;
- Proficiency with Primarius Classic, P2, or other ERP software strongly preferred, to include setup and management of distribution modules of the software;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities in a high growth environment;
- Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions; Self-motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
- Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
Medical, Dental and Vision paid at 100% for employee
Short and Long Term Disability
Supplemental Insurance available
Retirement Plan available
Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
Please e-mail current Resume to [email protected]
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger (EPFH) is El Paso's only food bank and a member of Feeding America, the nation's largest hunger relief network. The Food Bank is the distribution center for over 132 partner pantries across the borderland region and collaborative hub for hunger initiatives that assists in SNAP applications and nutrition education. EPFH also distributes healthy and nutritious food to 235 client choice mobile pantries, which provide food to underserved/unserved communities. We currently serve 200,000 food insecure people with 1 in every 3 children and 1 in every 4 adults unsure of where their next meal will come from. Food insecurity is defined as being limited at times to having adequate food because of a lack of money and other resources.
Hunger does not discriminate. We serve children, single parent households, veterans, senior citizens, and working class families. For many of those we serve, they are often faced with tough choices to put food on their table. In 2019, EPFH proudly distributed 32.5 million pounds of food across El Paso, Hudspeth and Culberson Counties