Mid-Ohio Food Collective is looking for a Director of Development Operations to serve on the Development Leadership Team and help create and execute departmental-level strategies to achieve annual fundraising goals.
Mid-Ohio Food Collective is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Add value to MOFC through securing the resources necessary to support Mid-Ohio Food Collective (MOFC) strategic priorities
• Co-create and execute departmental-level strategy to ensure annual fundraising goals are achieved
• Participate in development leadership activities, including strategy sessions, team meetings, and board development committee meetings
• Responsible for participating in annual revenue and expense forecasting for the department
• Effectively lead a high performing development operations team, through the co-creation, implementation, and measurement of a comprehensive operations strategy
• Oversee database management including donor records, gift entry, acknowledgments, reporting and analytics
• Devise and implement donor pipeline strategies to support prospect development and ensure effective portfolio review and management
• Manage departmental data priorities and workflows to ensure optimization of resources
• Partner with the finance team to ensure gifts are tracked and credited appropriately and balance against the general ledger
• Serve as expert in Charity Engine (the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system utilized by MOFC for donors), support staff in leveraging the tool, and enforce data policies
• Direct team members in areas including but not limited to performance management, training and development, workflow planning, and workforce capacity
• Identify and address barriers to ensure success
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
Education and Certifications: Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience is required.
Experience: Seven (7) years of development experience with a minimum of five (5) years of demonstrated track record in overseeing development operations. Three years of previous supervisory experience is required. Demonstrated experience in constituent relationship management software and Microsoft Office is required. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and relationship building skills are required. Demonstrated project management and time management skills are necessary.
Skills/Competencies: High level of attention to detail and accuracy. Must possess strong oral and written communication skills and excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to represent MOFC with professionalism when interacting with stakeholders. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times. Proficient at task management and oversight, including the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, be flexible, and meet deadlines. Works well and effectively with others.
Mid-Ohio Food Collective offers a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance, 401k plan, a generous Paid Time Off policy, as well as Educational Assistance.
We’re Mid-Ohio Food Collective.
Yes, we’re a food bank. We collect and distribute an impressive amount of food. But that’s not all. We’re a hub for caring people who want to give back with their time, talent and treasure. We’re a welcome place to imagine and to test out fresh new ideas to tackle tough social issues. We’re a collection of passionate people who want to do all we can for poverty and health as a whole. So, when life happens, we’re here for our neighbors who need us.
Our mission is to end hunger one nourishing meal at a time while co-creating communities where everyone thrives.