The Director of Development will be responsible for the planning and execution of our Direct Response Marketing campaigns, Special Events, Caused Related Marketing and Volunteer efforts. The candidate will use proven techniques and best practices that will also increase our community awareness, engagement and volunteerism. This position will serve as a member of our Management Team and supervise a team of fundraising and development staff. The ideal candidate should have a successful track record in managing direct marketing projects as well as in securing special event fundraising. Reports to the Chief Development Officer.
• Manage, maintain and report on Direct Response Marketing Campaigns from initial development through production and deployment.
• Continually evaluate Direct Response production processes and methods to improve efficiency and campaign performance.
• Recommend and develop segmentation strategies working closely with our CDO and Direct Mail vendor.
• Maintain response tracking, analysis and produce post campaign performance reports.
• Analyze and improve efficiencies within existing special events, ensuring proven best practices are followed and implemented.
• Solicit, negotiate and secure funding partnerships, sponsorships, and donations for special events and caused related marketing campaigns.
• Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to create and implement donor communications related to recruitment and sponsorship of donors, volunteers and additional prospects and stakeholders.
• Work directly with Volunteer Coordinator to enhance our volunteer and community engagement programming.
• Provide event management training and oversight to the Special Events Manager to maximize productivity and efficiency.
• Produce departmental progress reports.
• Serve as a member of the Management Team and supports cross-departmental work teams.
• Work closely with the CDO on strategic initiatives that increase positive outcomes for the Development Department.
• Review and draft direct mail/digital appeals and communications in partnership with the Communications Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to contribute to a positive work environment with a commitment to social justice. Bachelor’s Degree and at least 7 years leadership experience and success in fund development including: marketing campaigns, special events and volunteerism. 3-5 years management/supervisory experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, donor database (DonorPerfect) and donor research tools. Strong ability to apply management principles, practices and techniques to ensure the effective administration and accomplishment of department goals.
Send cover letter with salary requirements and resume to:
Connecticut Food Bank is the state’s non-profit leader in the fight against hunger, serving six of Connecticut’s eight counties, and over 300,000 food insecure residents.