Leads Middle Georgia Community Food Bank’s philanthropy and development program, including fundraising activities, donor stewardship, and communications.
Include, but are not limited to the following:
• Appropriately represent MGCFB to donors, prospects, and the public;
• Build and cultivate relationships with donors, foundations, businesses; and the media;
• Develop and implement fund development plan;
• Direct writing of grant proposals for resources needed to support or expand the impact of the organization; ensure grant funds are spent in accordance with awards and accurate reports are submitted in a timely fashion;
• Manage Direct Mail Program to solicit donations, maintaining and strengthening relationships with donors through cultivation and acquisition strategies; provide accurate contact information and donor giving records to maximize returns;
• Lead all fundraising activities, including competition events for various professional groups;
• Lead social media posting and advertising activities to share stories about the need addressed by MGCFB and impact of the organization’s work;
• Coordinate with other MGCFB staff members to ensure that messaging and funding requests are in concert with current and future needs and capabilities of the organization;
• Ensure fundraising and advertising costs are within budgeted expense levels;
• Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Five years of experience in fundraising or marketing role.
• Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities and projects to consistently meet deadlines;
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
• Ability to appropriately interact with people;
• Proficiency with basic software programs such as MS Word and Excel;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities;
• Ability to work effectively under periodically stressful conditions;
• Good problem-solving skills;
• Self-motivated with the ability to interact in a team environment;
• Positive and professional attitude and demeanor;
• Ability to pass a background check;
• Ability to pass random drug testing.
Employer-funded medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Generous paid time off.
Contact David Burden at The Newell Group:
The Middle Georgia Community Food Bank serves 24 counties with many rural communities. A record-breaking 12 million pounds of food was distributed during 2020. With operational improvements within the last three months, we are poised to serve even more middle Georgians than ever in 2021.