The Director of Communications is responsible for wide variety of duties related to developing strategies and goals for their organization's communication and public relations efforts. This position will act as a point of contact for media agencies and complete public relation duties. He/She sets and guides all internal and public communications, including writing and strategy for the website, print collateral, digital collateral, and media relations to consistently articulate the mission and impact of SFBFS.
The Director of Communications will (including but not limited to):
• Develop, implement, and evaluate the annual communications plan across SFBFS's audiences
• Lead the generation of online and print content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action
• Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
• Have public speaking appearances on behalf of SFBFS
• Manage the development of all print and electronic communications collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, and annual reports
• Coordinate website content maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information is posted regularly
• Manage all media contacts and coordinate media interest in SFBFS and ensure regular contact with target media and appropriate response to media requests
• Act as the SFBFS’s representative with the media
• Supervise the communications team
• Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, business or related fields
• Visionary and creative leadership in communications with an outstanding record of accomplishment.
• Five (5) or more years of professional communications experience
• Experience establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with media representatives and experience in utilizing strong news judgement
• Prior leadership and supervisory experience
• Full-time, exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
• SFBFS’ Family Services campus location, with frequent travel to Food Bank Services campus
• Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.