This position is responsible for managing the financial staff, planning, directing and coordinating activities relating to accounting, fiscal reporting, cash management, investments, real estate, risk management, and purchasing. This position oversees various financial activities including accounts payable, expense reports, payroll, grant disbursements, and management of budgets.
• Must be familiar with and comply with all AIB regulations and food safety
• Oversee accounting functions, financial and cash flow management, banking
practices, financial reporting, payroll, and annual audit process.
• Monitor all financial transactions including bank statement reconciliation, contracts,
investment performance documents, monthly financial statements, and petty cash
• Establish and maintain appropriate internal control systems, policies, and
procedures to ensure resources are strategically leveraged to support MFN’s
• Prepare financial analysis and data for CEO and Board to track and report financial
activities, the status of funds, inventory, and capital expenses.
• Oversee and monitor the integrity of the general ledger and management systems
to accurately report financial activity.
• Develop and monitor the annual budget with the CEO; communicate the budget
the process with department management to control expenses.
• Oversee and monitor the grant revenue process to ensure accurate and timely
receipt/deposit of payments in accordance with established standards.
• Access insurance & benefit-saving plans to ensure cost effectiveness; and
adherence to IRS requirements.
• Oversee and Support IT Personnel.
• Must be audit ready at all times.
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 5 years experience in a senior accounting role
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, CPA designation required, or equivalent
• Up-to-date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications
• Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational, and written skills
• Experience with non-profit accounting and Information Technology
• A strong proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word
• Experience directing/overseeing an office of Information Technology, preferably in a
Organizational pay employee only coverage-medical, dental, vision, Basic Life, LTD, LTD, cancer, Employee contribution 403-b plan, employer contribution to 403 -b plan after I year of service and 1,000 hours worked.
Send resume to [email protected]
Mississippi Food Network (MFN) has been feeding Mississippians since 1984. MFN feeds more than 150,000 people every month or a total of 1.8 million people per year. MFN takes donations from multiple sources and distributes food and goods through its 430 member agencies. These agencies, in turn, distribute food to recipients within their own communities. Our mission here at MFN is to relieve poverty-related hunger in our service area by distributing donated and purchased food and grocery products through a network of member churches and nonprofit organizations. We provide nutrition education to our needy clients. We also emphasize advocacy and related needs.
Please contact Darlene Taylor at 601.973.7093 for additional information.