PRIMARY JOB FUNCTION:
Manage and conduct outreach and compliance activities within the 18 county service area of Eastern Illinois Foodbank. Position is responsible for increasing opportunities by preparing effective strategies to maintain positive relationships with current business and agency partners, create new community partnerships, increase food donations and food distribution, monitor and report progress of efforts.
Acting as a liaison to counties in EIF’s service area, the Partnership team will provide leadership and customer service to hunger relief agency partners as well as identifying, developing, and building agency capacity.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee hunger-alleviating collaborative efforts and partnerships within EIF’s service area
· Manage overall process for maintenance of member agencies, including:
o Maintain policies and procedures, provide ongoing training and orientation, ensuring agency compliance
o Plan and coordinate Annual Agency Conference, and other meetings as needed o Manage the recruitment of new members; screening, processing and orientation o Assists with tracking and reporting on agency activity, and other statistical data
as required or requested
· Implement and strengthen hunger relief programs/strategies.
o Includes School Pantry, BackPack, and Senior Feeding
· Assists in production and dissemination of advocacy and education materials through community and partner agencies.
· Advise partners on building capacity for food distribution and more effective distribution models; provide ongoing assistance, and support partners in the development of new/innovative programs.
· Conduct or represent EIF at community networking events, county and regional gatherings to promote hunger awareness and collaborative efforts which address the needs of the food insecure.
· Participate in topical trainings and workshops to promote hunger awareness, and achieve compliance with all regulations.
· Supervise and manage activity of Partnership Coordinator(s).
· Assists to identify appropriate partners and resources needed to reach strategic goals within service area.
• Identify and engage in professional development activities to enhance skills needed for successful job performance.
· Other duties as assigned.
EIF INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS:
· Works with Operations team to increase donations and maintain/improve community relations.
· Works with development staff to promote donor awareness, identify volunteer
opportunities, and create opportunities for engagement with EIF’s mission.
· Works with Senior Team on strategic planning and goal development.
Minimum Knowledge and Education and Work Experience:
· BS or BA in a related field required.
o Prior experience in a Foodbank or agency setting preferred.
· Strong interpersonal skills, time management and organizational skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Public Speaking proficiency, including presentation to both small and large groups
· Advanced computer skills, including Outlook, Word and Excel
· Food Safety Certification or the ability to certify
· Current valid driver’s license, good driving record, and reliable transportation
Employee Paid Health Insurance
Employee Paid Life Insurance
Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
9 Paid Holidays
To apply, send cover letter and resume to Eastern Illinois Foodbank, Attn: Patti Martin, 2405 North Shore Drive, Urbana, IL, 61802 or email email@example.com by Wednesday, October 24th.
The Eastern Illinois Foodbank is the primary food source for food pantries, soup kitchens, homeless shelters, and other programs working to feed the hungry. The Foodbank acquires millions of pounds of food and grocery product through purchase or donation and distributes it across our network of more than 160 feeding programs. Together, we’re working to create a hunger-free eastern Illinois. By partnering with EIF, emergency food programs are able to save millions of dollars each year in food purchase and handling costs. These savings allow them to focus their efforts and funds on more effectively working to alleviate hunger in our area. The Foodbank also operates programs targeted to children, seniors and veterans.