The Development & Donor Relations Coordinator is responsible for the recording and acknowledgement of the organization’s donor data including coordination of lockbox data downloads and management. This position works closely with the Development and Finance teams. Additional duties include assisting with digital marketing efforts and events.
Duties and Responsibilities
Donor Database Management (50%)
• Oversees management of confidential, computerized records of financial and in-kind donors, their giving histories, and other personal information.
• Acquire a high level knowledge of DonorPerfect.
• Pull data/documentation from web and prepare data files for import for online and lockbox donations. Serve as liaison to lockbox and troubleshoot lockbox issues or questions.
• Conducts system tuning, performance monitoring and database maintenance.
• Communicates with direct mail firm. Generate and provide data files for either solicitation or suppression of donors. Produce reports for each campaign.
• Troubleshoot problems, improve overall processes, and ensure deadlines can be met even during periods of heavy gift volume.
• Establish new fund raising reports and adapt ongoing reports to track giving levels, renewal rates, pledge collection deadlines, recurring gifts, and other data for ongoing and campaign donors.
• Directly response to donor inquiries and complaints, via phone, email or letter, including problems with checks, credit cards, EFT and stock gifts.
• Assist Finance with the execution of a monthly reconciliation of DonorPerfect with general ledger.
Digital Media Coordination (40%)
• Assist with digital marketing design and distribution including email, website and social media
• Assists with maintaining website functionality and content
• Research other technologies available for organization to increase effectiveness and assist with functionality and possible implementation
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Event Coordination (10%)
• Assist with the logistics and marketing for fundraising events, including sponsorship recruitment
• Provide support for on-going development activities.
• Attend and participate in event related activities and meetings.
• Attend and participate in business networking events and meetings.
This work is performed primarily in an office environment while sitting at a computer terminal for extended periods of time. May involve periodic lifting and carrying of items that may weigh up to 50 pounds.
• Two (2) years or college level education or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to learn DonorPerfect
• Database management experience a plus
• Strong attention to detail with the ability to organize information and priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be able to start and resume work on projects, amid changing priorities, with capacity to meet deadlines.
• Valid Driver’s License required
• Job knowledge –Exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills. Requires minimal supervision. Displays understanding of how job is related to others. Uses resources effectively.
• Customer service – Displays courtesy and sensitivity. Manages difficult or emotional situations. Meets commitments. Responds promptly to the needs of team members.
• Problem solving – Identifies problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions. Resolves problems in early stages.
• Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally and in writing. Keeps others adequately informed. Selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
• Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains reasoning for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
• Dependability – Responds to requests for assistance. Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions. Keeps commitments. Meets attendance and punctuality expectations.
• Donor management software (DonorPerfect, Raisers Edge, Blackbaud, etc.)
• Wordpress knowledge
• Digital marketing platforms and tools for email and social media
• Interest in upcoming technologies and capabilities
Offer of employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check
• Four weeks paid PTO first year
• Paid medical
• Paid holidays
• Retirement contribution match
• Monthly Health Savings Account contribution
• Family friendly, flexible
Email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Montana Food Bank Network’s (MFBN) mission is to end hunger through food acquisition and distribution, education and advocacy. We believe that every person has the basic human right to access nutritious high-quality food that nourishes the mind, body and soul. Our network is made up of over 280 neighborhood food banks, community pantries, social organizations, homeless shelters, schools and many other organizations committed to ending hunger in Montana. We distribute food across Montana from Heron to Wibaux, Eureka to West Yellowstone and everywhere in between.