The Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest Pennsylvania (SHFB) is seeking an experienced Development Director to develop and execute long-range fund development plans to ensure continued growth in giving for the organization.
The Development Director has the responsibility for planning, implementing, and directing all aspects of raising funds and public awareness for the organization. This position will work toward a diversified funding base by identifying and researching potential major donors including individuals, foundations, corporations, businesses, government and estates.
The position will be responsible for maintaining existing relationships and increasing giving in an 11-county service area. The Development Director will manage a team of 4. Objectives will be performed either individually or through the SHFB fundraising team. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to Direct Mail Programs, Special Events, Grant Proposals, Media & Marketing, Communications/Public Relations and social media.
The Development Director will also manage a portfolio of select donors and prospects and work closely with the CEO to cultivate and close major and principal gifts. This position requires significant external relationship management as well as Team Member supervision, mentoring and management.
• A bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. CFRE and advanced degree are highly desirable
• Minimum of six years of experience in a development role for a non-profit organization with at least three years in a management capacity
• Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, motivate and mentor a team of fundraisers of varying experience
• Demonstrated ability to raise large gifts from individuals and organizations
• Fluent and experienced in the role of data/donor analytics and analysis to drive donor engagement
• Demonstrated knowledge of marketing and public relations to support fundraising efforts
• Experience in researching and writing grants. Demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
• Strong research, organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong verbal communication ability and interpersonal skills. Must be able to speak in public
• Prior experience in running successful annual giving programs and other campaigns a strong plus
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
Individual and family health insurance
Individual and family dental insurance
Long Term Disability Insurance
401K with 5% match
2 weeks paid vacation
13 annual paid holidays
12 annual paid sick days
Resume and references can be emailed to [email protected]
Second Harvest Food Bank of NW PA serves 11 counties located in northwest Pennsylvania. It is the largest food distribution organization in the region, serving over 400 partner agencies. We are committed to providing food to those who are hungry while educating the community on the realities of hunger. The applicant should enjoy working on a team that is continually adapting and striving to improve our organization's ability to provide access to food.