The Development Database Coordinator’s primary responsibilities include processing donations, managing and maintaining Raisers Edge database, importing files from other databases and sources of data; and serving as data contact for Direct Mail vendor. The person in this role must be detailed minded, well organized and able to manage multiple projects at one time. Prior experience with Raiser’s Edge is required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure excellent customer service for all donor processing/gift inquiries. This includes but is not limited to taking donations over the phone, making changes to donor records per requests, updating monthly donor information, providing tax statements or reissuing acknowledgments.
- Prepare accurate and timely gift acknowledgement letters, including annual and capital gifts, monthly donor letters, and event/food/fund drive donors.
- Process daily contributions through online and offline channels, including cash and gift-in-kind and ensure that all constituent information is accurate and consistent. Perform gift adjustments as needed.
- Import gift and constituent information regularly from Luminate, our online giving platform, CiviCore, our online volunteer system and the lockbox, our direct mail processing system, and any other imports necessary.
- Prepare daily reports on cash receipts and maintain philanthropy files
- Oversee redemption of Matching Gifts in a timely manner including verifying donations and submitting required paperwork.
- Work as key staff person with Direct Mail Consulting firm: provide donor and suppression files for each mailing, enter key codes for acquisition and renewal pieces, prepare weekly and annual Direct Mail report for analysis and planning.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating procedure documents for gift processing and database clean up.
- Act as resource to Development Department for the use of Raisers Edge, and the creation of reports and queries.
- Implement all changes necessary to transition files and data to new fiscal year
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• At least one year experience working with Raiser’s Edge.
• Familiarity with technology and a quick-learner for new technology is a must.
• Experience with Luminate, CiviCore or other software databases preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects with accuracy is required.
• Proficient in MS Office, including advanced Excel.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated record of customer service
• Must have ability to work independently and as a team.
• An analytical mind, organizational skills and attention to detail are required.
Full Benefits Package; Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 401K
Northern Illinois Food Bank – a proud member of Feeding America – is the source of nutritious food, innovative feeding programs, and hope for more than 71,500 people each week. As a 501©3 non-profit organization with a goal of solving hunger in our 13-county service area, we rely on generous donors, volunteers, and community partners – the local food pantries and feeding programs, food manufacturers and retailers, companies, foundations, and individuals who join with us in our vision for no one to be hungry in Northern Illinois.