Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations & Communications, the Development Database Analyst & Prospect Researcher’s primary responsibility is maintaining and managing the donor information systems to ensure that all donor records are complete and accurate, and all gift data is recorded accurately and timely. This includes gift processing, managing data import and data entry, data extraction, preparing the acknowledgment of gifts, creating development reports and dashboards, analyzing donor data to identify development trends, conducting research on current and prospective donors, and other related activities. This role is a resource for the development team, answering questions, running queries, and making updates to the system as needed and serves as the key point of contact for the reconciliation of all contributions.
• Manage and maintain donor information in CRM (Donor Perfect), including recording gifts received, generating acknowledgement letters and transmitting funds to accounting with a focus on data integrity, updates and corrections.
• Manage processing of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, wire and stock transfer, monthly donor credit card expirations.
• Establish standards, provide training and enforce staff utilization of the CRM database for updating donor information.
• Develop, track and produce reports, exports and lists for development projects including the annual report, mailings, recognition lists, gala and other cultivation events, management and board reports, acknowledgements, and other related activities.
• Gift Processing: generate accurate financial and analytical reports, develop and implement policies to guide gift entry, and ensure that the database effectively captures donor gift information; develop reports to validate gift data and correct anomalies as needed. Oversee redemption of Matching Gifts in a timely manner including verifying donations and submitting required paperwork. Track outstanding pledges and produce pledge reminders as appropriate, working with finance to ensure all gifts and payments are reconciled on a monthly basis. Providing tax statements when requested or as needed.
• Direct Mail: provide donor and suppression files for each mailing, enter key codes for acquisition and renewal pieces, prepare weekly and annual Direct Mail report for analysis and planning.
• Events: Processing event RSVPS; preparing registration/ticket sales, donation reports for committee meetings; managing in-kind donation process for events (collecting forms, recording in database, acknowledgments); and supporting post-event processing, data entry, acknowledgements, etc.
• Volunteers: track volunteer information and activity for tracking, analysis, and reporting.
• Support the President/CEO, and Development team
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent experience; min. 3-5 years experience using and managing donor management software systems required, Donor Perfect experience preferred.
• Ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Desire to work in a mission-driven, nonprofit organization.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Spanish a plus.
• Sound judgement, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills.
• Superior organizational skills, detail oriented and ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of fundraising policies and nonprofit conventions.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook.
Competitive salary and benefits package
Submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Inter-Faith Food Shuttle pioneers innovative, transformative solutions designed to end hunger in our community. As a member of Feeding America, the Food Shuttle distributes nearly 6 million pounds of food per year, 40% of which is fresh produce. From Senior Grocery Bags, Backpack Buddies and School Pantries; Community Health Education and Mobile Markets; Catering and Culinary Job Training; and Urban Gardening and a 14-Acre Farm; we go directly to the point of need to empower people. We feed, teach and grow to create a healthy and hunger-free North Carolina.