The Development Coordinator will be responsible for working with the Executive Director to develop and implement a comprehensive strategic plan to increase the financial resources available to support Feeding Kentucky’s mission. The primary areas include corporate and foundation grants, individual giving, and special events. Building and preserving trusting relationships with donors and supporters while boosting Feeding Kentucky’s brand will be key.
• Grant Solicitation and Administration: Employ innovative methods to find and secure new grant opportunities from corporate, private and government sources. Research, write, assemble and deliver grant applications and manage all follow-up processes including status and final reports. Collaborate with colleagues to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
• Individual Giving: Manage and implement all aspects of direct mail and online giving campaigns. Enter donation data into the donor software system, generate thank-you letters and receipt notifications, and track and analyze campaign results.
• Special Events: Plan and execute in-house and 3rd party fundraising events including securing sponsorships.
• Public/Donor Relations: Develop and maintain strong relationships with key funders, influencers, community members and others to grow our brand and strengthen long-term financial health. Develop and implement action plans for identifying, soliciting, cultivating and stewarding a portfolio of relationships with individual donors, major gift donors, corporations, philanthropic and government partners. Work with Executive Director to develop, manage and execute an annual communications plan. Clearly communicate Feeding Kentucky’s mission and programs to the public and donors in a professional manner in accordance with the Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethics.
• Reporting: Generate reports for the Executive Director and Board of Directors detailing development progress and results, trends, and comparisons with benchmarks.
• Electronic Marketing: Develop and expand online presence by managing the organization’s social media outlets and website.
• General: Stay abreast of relevant development opportunities with various community groups and agencies. Identify, research, and communicate giving trends and policy developments. Facilitate and support fundraising efforts by staff, board and other volunteers. Implement continuous improvement efforts for systems and processes for data management, relationship management and recognition.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited institution. Fundraising certification (CFRE) is an asset.
• A minimum of three years of related work experience; five years preferred.
• Demonstrated record of accomplishment for fundraising success.
Paid time off, sick leave, health insurance, retirement contribution, life and long-term disability insurance.
Submit resume to [email protected]. Reference Development Coordinator in the subject line. No calls please.
Feeding Kentucky is comprised of seven Feeding America food banks that reach all 120 counties of Kentucky and serve an estimated one in seven of all Kentuckians annually. Last year, its members distributed 72 million meals in partnership with more than 800 charitable feeding agencies such as pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters. Visit FeedingKy.org.
Reports to: Executive Director
Classification: Full Time
Salary range: $40,000 - $45,000