As an integral part of the Food Bank’s fundraising team, the Development Associate reports to the Annual Fund Manager and provides administrative support and assistance with project coordination to all members of the Development team in the execution of organizational initiatives. The Development Associate directly interfaces with internal and external stakeholders including staff, volunteers, vendors, partners, and Board members. The ideal candidate will be an organized and driven systems thinker, who is a strong writer and project manager and who thrives in a collaborative environment.
Provide support to the following teams:
• Entering donations in Salesforce during periods of high volume.
• Assisting with prospect research and donor stewardship mailings.
• Assisting Special Events Manager with Food Bank hosted events.
• Provide Help Desk support.
• Data entry and scheduling.
• Assisting with volunteer stewardship events, as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s degree preferred and at least 2 years administrative experience directly supporting senior leadership. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• A basic understanding of fundraising, donor relations and marketing preferred.
• Valid CA driver’s license and insurance and ability to be covered under the Food Bank’s auto insurance policy.
• Significant level of computer proficiency including MS Office and CRM tools; Salesforce experience a plus.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to coordinate and prioritize plans in order to meet deadlines.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience writing creative and impactful communication that inspires donors to give is a plus.
• Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative problem solving.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced, deadline driven role.
• Proven track record working in a collaborative team environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekend events, as needed.
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package for eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Development Associate.” Email submission is preferred.
Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Ave, Concord, CA 94520
This is a part-time position working Monday/Wednesday/Friday