The Development Associate works closely with members of the Communications and Development Team and is responsible for entering detailed donor data, processing acknowledgment letters, and performing a variety of other donor database and customer service tasks, as needed. This is a full-time, non-exempt (hourly) position reporting to the Development Manager.
This position is designated essential to WCFB’s operations.
• Enter and update donations in DonorPerfect while adhering to documented processes and exercising extreme detail orientation. This includes donations of cash or checks received by mail, cash or checks received from visitors to WCFB, EFT deposits, monthly donations, credit card donations over the phone or received through the mail, direct mail data from the bank, and all online donations;
• Process donation batch reports with specific attention to details that should be noted in record keeping and acknowledge donations timely and accurately;
• Process donor thank you letters with specific attention to details that need to be included in the thank you, for example how the funds were raised or if they were made in honor of someone;
• Process acknowledgment of tribute and memorial gifts, as needed, to those recognized by the donor;
• Prepare (fold, stuff, seal and post) donor thank you letters promptly;
• Create and present gift reports regularly to supervisor and Development team;
• Provide excellent customer service to donors through email, phone and mail, as well as in person, as needed;
• Update donor information in Donor Perfect, as needed;
• Perform all tasks in a timely and efficient manner, with excellent attention to detail and with the goal of maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of donor information stored in the database;
• Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
• Bilingual/Bi-cultural a plus
• Commitment to WCFB’s mission to end hunger.
• Experience in a development, data-entry or bookkeeping type position preferred but not required.
• Experience working with a database strongly preferred. Experience with DonorPerfect a plus.
• Strong organization skills and attention to detail. Ability to perform repetitive tasks with precision.
• Proven ability to learn quickly and apply what one learns.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as individually.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel; basic Internet skills.
• Exercises good judgment and safeguards donor confidentiality and, with co-workers, establishes and adheres to clear and consistent boundaries.
• Commitment to excellent customer service.
• Positive, can-do attitude.
• Reliable Transportation.
Comprehensive Benefits Package Available
How to Apply:
A formal Cover Letter is Required
1) Submit Cover Letter and Resume online at FeedingAmerica.org
2) E-mail Cover Letter and Resume: [email protected] (subject line: “Development Associate”)
3) Mail cover letter and résumé to Worcester County Food Bank, Attn: Lara Greene, 474 Boston Turnpike, Shrewsbury, MA 01545
Worcester County Food Bank (WCFB) believes that food is a fundamental right of all people and that hunger is an issue of social justice. WCFB’s mission is to engage, educate, and lead Worcester County in creating a hunger-free community. To that end, WCFB collects perishable and non-perishable food and distributes it through a network of Partner Agencies, including food pantries and community meal programs, trains Partner Agencies in food safety, and advocates for systemic and sustainable solutions to support children, families, and senior citizens in being more food secure and healthy.
WCFB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or religion or other legally protected status.