St. Mary’s Food Bank Alliance is seeking a Development Associate who will manage a portfolio of “millennial” donors and create strategies, events and activities to attract potential donors of this generation. Working closely with the Chief Development and Community Relations Officer and the Development department, this position will develop and execute a plan for the identification, qualification, engagement, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of this sector of donors and prospects.
- Design, implement, and grow a comprehensive development plan focused on expanding donor base in this specifically age group.
- Identify, cultivate and solicit philanthropic gifts through social media, events and digital marketing.
- Acquire first-time donors of this age group through social community activities and events. May include third-party and signature events.
- Implement Peer-to-Peer fundraising program.
- Maintain a portfolio of “millennial” donors with focused strategies to engage those at a level of $1k+ annually.
- Design and maintain stewardship program.
- Manage the Junior Hunger Heroes program designed to engage children and their parents through kid’s club activities, newsletter, and events.
- Maintain best fundraising practices.
- Ensure a transparent, coordinated, and collaborative approach to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors and prospects.
- Work collaboratively with all St. Mary’s Food Bank staff to help further our mission.
- Track record of maintaining relationships with donors and determining the optimal scenario for successful gift solicitation
- High-level of experience and working knowledge of all social media platforms and digital marketing
- Ability to promote fundraising and strategic priorities by developing working relationships with all staff
- Stewardship and relationship management skills with meticulous follow-through and presentation skills
- Friendly demeanor to inspire donor loyalty
- Adaptable, willing to learn, and willing to acquire or shift responsibilities
- Knowledge of fundraising and stewardship practices
- Good understanding of core mission and operations
- Ability to work flexible schedule including nights and weekends
St. Mary’s offers a generous compensation package which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401K, PTO, employer paid life insurance, and more!
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume and salary requirements to: https://jobs.firstfoodbank.org/
St. Mary’s Food Bank is truly a community-based organization. Serving 9 of Arizona’s 15 counties, we are committed to volunteerism, building community relationships and improving the quality of life for Arizonans in need. Our mission is to alleviate hunger through the gathering and distribution of food while encouraging self-sufficiency, collaboration, advocacy and education.