The Design and Digital Marketing Specialist is responsible for all online communications of Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano while ensuring brand integrity and providing timely, accurate and compelling messaging to appropriately segmented audiences.
• Customer support: follow up on inquiries from our users via email and live chat.
• Social media marketing daily management: monitor and participate in online conversations.
• Content creation: guest posts on our blog, newsletters, social content — both written and visual.
• Email marketing: prepare enews, advocacy, e-appeals, etc. and mobile marketing campaigns.
• Paid social media: manage google grant, SEM, and other online advertising like Facebook ads.
• Graphic design: manage contractors and serve as the liaison to other departments.
• Website: copy edits and updates, production and maintenance of online forms.
• Pardot: manage email marketing, drip campaigns, custom template design and creation, a/b testing.
• Classy: create pages including design, template creation, access to support.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree and at least three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Nonprofit experience and/or experience in philanthropy a plus.
• Excellent writing and editing skills with ability to translate data into a compelling written solicitation for a variety of audiences required.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and WordPress required.
• Ability to speak effectively and professionally before groups of customers, employees, and the general public demonstrating cultural sensitivity.
• Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and develop alternative solutions.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once in a fast paced, deadline-driven collaborative environment with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
• Valid California Driver’s license and insurance and ability to be insured under the Food Bank’s auto insurance required.
• Ability to regularly climb stairs.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive and extensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision, life insurance, flexible spending account, 403(b), and paid leave to eligible employees. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide an inclusive, collaborative, and creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please send your resume and any supporting documents to [email protected] with the subject line: “Design and Digital Marketing Specialist.” Email submission is preferred. Or by mail to: Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano, Attn: Human Resources, 4010 Nelson Avenue, Concord, CA 94520. The Food Bank of Contra Costa and Solano is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
In instances of a federal, state or locally declared emergency, Food Bank is typically considered an essential service and emergency responder; all of its employees may be called in to perform regular or emergent duties.