Under the supervision of the Director of Development & Communications, the Data Manager provides a high level of skill in database management and analysis and oversees gift processing. S/he is responsible for data integrity, reporting, and data analytics, working with key staff across SFBFS to understand data needs and develop actionable insights. S/he further supports the Development team by completing donor research, managing donor segmentation, and changes in donor status. S/he oversees gift processing and acknowledgment, and related data entry.
The Data Manager will perform the following job functions (including but not limited to):
• Manage all aspects of Donor Perfect Online (DPO) including data integrity and quality, data auditing, updates and corrections.
• Provide direction and supervision of team members responsible for donation processing.
• Manages processing of all gifts via mail, credit card, online, cash cubes, phone/walk-in and other as received.
• Strategizes and manages implementation of data enrichment services, determining the best use of DPO features to accomplish the goals of SFBFS development team.
• Reconciles DPO monthly with Accounting. Ensures that giving matches records delivered to Accounting, in order to provide accurate information in a timely fashion for the Quarterly Report.
• Identify and analyze prospects for fundraising and outreach initiatives and manages database vendor relationships to support development operations.
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word and Excel
• Prior supervisory experience
• Fundraising database or CRM system experience
• 3-5 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising, marketing, or sales environment
• Full Time, exempt position
• May include nights, weekends and holidays as required
• Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1976, offers fifteen diverse programs and services at two facilities in Sacramento. A staff of 83 and several thousand volunteers accomplish SFBFS’ mission of assisting families in need by alleviating their immediate pain and problems and by moving them toward self-sufficiency and financial independence. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.