Plans, directs and coordinates program, fiscal and human resources activities of the Community Services Block Grant, in support of policies, goals and objectives as approved by the Chief Operating Officer to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within the prescribed time lines and funding parameters by performing the following duties personally or through subordinates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
Level of Performance
Employee is responsible for obtaining sufficient funding through the award of grant dollars, donations, or fee for service agreements. Monitors expenses to ensure program costs remain reasonable and within approved budget. Adjusts spending as needed or proposes revisions to budget to accommodate accelerated spending, reduced income, and related budget management issues.
Employee is expected to provide leadership for the personnel assigned to the program. Employee is expected to plan, organize and supervise all activities within the department including development of annual and strategic goals, objectives and performance; monitoring program activities and reviewing systems, revising as needed; providing support to supervisors and compliance with employment laws and agency practices and policies. Program is customer oriented. Employee must actively support agency goal in operating programs of excellence. Employee is expected to fully participate on the
Senior Leadership Team.
• Establishes program direction, implements and evaluates goals, objectives and procedures, conferring with COO, members of management and staff as necessary.
• Responsible for the performance of all assigned staff in the execution of their job descriptions, for the appropriate implementation and operation of programs in accordance with Action Pathways, Inc. policies and procedures, local, state or Federal regulations, business ethics and principles of affiliated organizations.
• Develops and monitors procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow within the program, to the Board and in the community.
• Oversees implementation of short term and long range goals and objectives, ensuring projects remain within budget constraints and meet time lines. Directs or restructures processes necessary to manage current activities and projected growth.
• Monitors and evaluates project activities regularly and systematically; prepares reports of progress, deficiencies, planned changes, and projected growth to the COO and appropriate Boards. Responsible for designing and reporting of client and program outcomes.
• Develops public relation functions to publicize project activities and accomplishments to the general public; seeks donations and support for program.
• Designs and conducts training programs for staff.
• Identifies new development initiatives; researches feasibility of implementation.
• Provides regular updates to the COO on the status of projects, on client testimonials, and employee/vendor/client/funder questions or concerns.
• Supports Agency events, projects, initiatives, and report requirements. (e.g., 50th Anniversary, healthy employees initiatives, Level III Reporting, PQI (Performance and Quality Improvement ) report, COA (Council on Accreditation) requirements, Information Systems report and NAR report.
• Takes the lead role in coordinating completion of the annual Information Systems report and a lead role in the completion of the triennial Community Assessment.
• Leads the agency's effort in implementing the Organizational Standards.
• Coordinates with Chief Financial Officer on budget development and management, invoice tracking and processing, information technology, and facilities management efforts.
• Coordinates with Agency Advancement for public relations and other communications related efforts, event planning, and fund development activities. With Agency Advancement develops public relation functions to publicize project activities and accomplishments to the general public.
• Maintains leadership levels of knowledge by attending seminars and professional meetings. Reviews professional publications and establishes personal networks. Participates in professional and affiliated organizations.
• Performs related duties as assigned by supervisor. Performs all duties in accordance with program objectives, agency policies and procedures and applicable laws or regulations.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
• Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
• Management Skills - Ability to organize and direct oneself and effectively supervise others.
• Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Master’s Degree in Social Work, Business Administration or Public Administration required.
Experience: Ten years related experience (CSBG preferred) including at least seven years of supervisory experience at the director level.
Employee must be capable of using the Internet, project management and word processing software. He or she must be sufficiently skilled in using computers to learn OEO software program within ninety days of employment, to identify, read and understand electronic reports.
Certificates & Licenses
It is the employee’s responsibility to obtain and keep current all certifications, licenses, etc., at all times while employed.
Individual must have a valid driver's license and transportation to travel throughout the CSBG 2 county service area.
Employee should have or be able to earn within twelve months the certifications required of counseling staff in order to adequately make decisions regarding program services offered, modified, and determine training needs for staff. (Family Support Credential)
ROMA (Results Oriented Management and Accountability) certification preferred
Director must have a working knowledge of public and private organizations, funding sources, and government regulations.
He or she must be capable of planning and directing the work of others to attain positive results.
Employee must have the ability to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and in making decision.
Ability to speak Spanish as a second language is preferred.
Medical and Dental benefits, Short Term Disability, Life Insurance, 403B Retirement, Vacation Leave, Sick Leave, Vacation Bonus, Personal Leave. Etc.
Visit our website www.actionpathways.ngo
Action Pathways is a non-profit human services agency offering a comprehensive and supportive approach to helping families and individuals achieve and sustain economic security— effectively providing them a path forward in life. Formed in 1964, Action Pathways is part of a national network of community action programs whose promise is to change people’s lives, embody the spirit of hope, and improve our communities.