Would you like to make a difference in your community while pursuing your career passion? Food Bank of the Rockies is seeking a Corporate Relations to join our team!
More than 65 million pounds of food flow through our operation every year, feeding hungry families in our surrounding communities. Our small and mighty team of 100+ employees across four locations, collectively serves 30 counties in Colorado and the entire state of Wyoming. We provide more than 145,000 meals each day to our friends and neighbors facing hunger.
The Corporate Relations Manager is responsible for identifying, prospecting, cultivating, engaging and supporting corporate and organizational partnerships that result in increased philanthropic support for Food Bank of the Rockies. The position requires that the individual be a self-starter, appreciate teamwork, enjoy a fast-paced, high-energy environment, and be willing to work varied hours and attend off-site events. Capacity to think strategically, as well as creatively, is necessary.
- Develop and implement philanthropic strategies to cultivate, steward, and increase corporate and community giving through traditional and non-traditional philanthropic channels (marketing/advertising dollars).
- Manage and sustain a comprehensive portfolio of 150-200 corporate partners; and expand the capacity of current partners. Develop strategies for approaching each corporation, corporate foundation or business related to Food Bank of the Rockies priorities and needs. Focus on securing support for priorities that include capital, programmatic, and annual funding.
- Actively manage the day-to-day relationships with donors and prospects through various activities including meetings, phone calls, letters, reports, email, external/internal event attendance, timely responses to donor inquiries and acknowledgment of gifts.
- Research new funder opportunities. Manage and execute appropriate strategies for successful solicitation of new prospects and obtaining new engagement. Including bringing in potential and current donors to volunteer and or to tour the Food Bank of the Rockies.
- Work collaboratively and strategically with the Chief Development Officer, other fundraising staff, Development Committee of Food Bank of the Rockies, Board of Directors and other leaders to maximize volunteer leadership for corporate engagement.
- In partnership with marketing staff, create a corporate sales opportunity packet including event sponsorships, logo recognitions, advertising opportunities, etc.
- Identify and secure corporate sponsorships for events and select Food Bank of the Rockies programs; participate in the development of collateral materials, print and online publications, as well as recruitment and recognition of donors and event-related sponsorships.
- Provide on and offsite support for Food Bank of the Rockies events and activities. Ensure each donor's experience with Food Bank of the Rockies is consistent and high quality. Focus on customer service and stewardship by adopting practices and executing plans in a donor-centric way.
- Act as key spokesperson and/or represent Food Bank of the Rockies at various community events and meetings when applicable.
- Working closely with the Chief Development Officer, develop and manage an annual work plan, board reports, forecast revenue and other reports as needed.
- Maintain accurate data in Raiser's Edge for current and prospective corporate and community donors. Track all types of donor engagements, develop reports and monitor program results.
- Participate in the overall planning of the Development Department and yearly corporate solicitation calendar.
- Create and deliver compelling presentations to local corporate leaders, large employee groups, associations and the like to raise awareness and interest in Food Bank of the Rockies and its mission.
- Commitment to fulfilling the mission of FBR; represent the FBR brand in a positive manner internally and externally
- Self-directed, accountable for results and proactive; independent problem solver
- Maintain a professional demeanor and respond with urgency
- Show strong teambuilding, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to lead through influence and effectively navigate in a matrixed organization
- Commitment to motivating staff through creating a positive working environment
- Excellent organizational, time management and analytical skills
- Demonstrated project management and process improvement skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Exercise independent judgment, think critically and strategically, collaborate with others and follow-through to execute projects
- Ability to communicate persuasively and articulately both verbally and in writing
- High school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5-7 years’ experience in fund development roles; non-profit experience a must
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language fluently, and communicate verbally and in writing at a professional level
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Office Suite; advanced knowledge of Excel preferred
Food Bank of the Rockies offers medical, dental and vision insurance, employee assistance program, paid time off, 10 paid holidays and a 401K plan.
We value diversity and inclusivity and is thus always looking to diversify our staff with an eye toward race and ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, and age, among other areas. Candidates who bring such diversity are encouraged to apply. Every one of our employees is a critical part of our success. Will you be the next one to join our team? Please apply today by emailing your cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Food Bank of the Rockies (FBR) is the largest private hunger-relief organization in the state of Colorado. Founded in 1978, FBR was known as the Colorado Food Clearing House. Today, FBR has extended its reach across Northern Colorado, providing food and supplies to more than 500 hunger-relief programs. Since 1978, FBR has provided more than 615 million meals for people in need. Last year, through our direct service programs and partner agencies, we distributed nearly 60 million pounds of food, enough to provide more than 134,000 meals each day to children, seniors and families in need. FBR is a member of Feeding America.
FBR has a staff of 112 employees at warehouses in Denver, Wyoming and the Western Slope. Additionally FBR has a pool of more than 23,000 volunteers, who last year donated nearly 123,000 hours of time – the equivalent of 59 full-time employees!