The Manager of Corporate Engagement will be responsible for deepening engagement and recognition for our very large portfolio of existing supporters while actively pursuing new and emerging opportunities across Western North Carolina and beyond.
This role will be responsible for growing our Sweet Dreams/Full Plates campaign that engages over 40 local hotels, our Hops for Hunger campaign that engages 25+ local craft beverage establishments, our local cause marketing campaigns as well as national accounts including but not limited to Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley Darden Corporation and many other important partners.
Must manage the following areas in collaboration with our Development staff team.
1. In partnership with our Director of Signature Events secures and renews corporate sponsorships for our key events including both financial and in-kind sponsors for our very large signature events including but not limited to our Blue Jean Ball, Empty Bowls, Sweet Dreams/Full Plates and Hops For Hunger.
2. Partners closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to create and coordinate promotional calendar and materials for key corporate initiatives and campaigns. Work in partnership in creating special event related promotional and event materials and communicate timelines and deadlines to ensure the timely
distribution of materials.
3. Works closely with the Volunteer Manager to coordinate welcome and appreciation efforts with visiting inhouse corporate groups.
4. Coordinate and conduct effective and compelling United Way and other corporate presentations across the greater Asheville area including Buncombe, Henderson and Haywood counties to garner further support and engagement in our efforts.
Corporate Relationships and Sponsorship:
1. Develop and implement plans to seek out, cultivate, grow and retain existing and new monetary and inkind sponsors for our fundraising events and campaigns.
2. Promote and facilitate Corporate and Business community volunteerism and engagement with MANNA and develop and implement post engagement strategies.
3. Develop framework with Signature Events Director, Donor Relations Manager and Chief Development Officer in regard to our exceptionally high stewardship, accounting and recognition standards.
1. Positively represent MANNA FoodBank in the business community through the Chamber of Commerce and other business/corporate leadership groups.
2. Assist with other duties and emerging opportunities as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and 5+ years of successful fundraising and corporate engagement experience
• Demonstrated experience in corporate relations is required
• Strong relationship building skills with a wide variety of corporate partners and community leaders
• Excellent oral and written communication/presentation skills suitable for a wide variety of audiences and effective internal and external communication skills
• Successful record of leadership, planning, project management, and organizational skills
• Must be a positive team player with experience in working in a fast paced environment
• Problem solver, self-starter, and is able to respond quickly to changing requirements
• Proven ability to solicit financial and non-financial resources and accurately steward them
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively, and meet deadlines
• Experience working with volunteers is preferred
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Maintains a professional appearance at all times and represents MANNA in diverse settings
• Must provide proof of current, valid North Carolina driver’s license and ability to travel throughout our 16 county region
• Must possess basic knowledge of, and commitment to the mission of MANNA FoodBank
• Must demonstrate sensitivity and passion related to issues of poverty and hunger relief
• Ability to co-collaborate among team members to ensure effective coordination of our efforts and outreach to our corporate partners
• Outstanding customer service skills and a positive attitude
• Enjoys working with people
• A desire to educate and inspire others in the mission of MANNA FoodBank
• Proven ability to demonstrate grace under pressure
MANNA offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including a generous PTO program, 401K, Health, Dental, & Vision plans.
To apply please complete the MANNA application and include a cover letter at https://www.mannafoodbank.org/careers/ Please, no phone calls or faxes.
MANNA FoodBank is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization serving Western North Carolina since 1983 and an accredited member of Feeding America, the nation’s largest domestic hunger relief organization. MANNA is located in Asheville, North Carolina on Swannanoa River Road. In fiscal year 2017/2018 MANNA distributed 18.2 million pounds of food through some 200+ community-based food assistance agencies in 16 Western North Carolina counties.
MANNA FoodBank is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to recruiting a broadly diverse pool of qualified candidates for the position.