This position provides support and assistance to the Chief Financial Officer in all areas of the accounting/finance functions.
• Prepare the monthly financial statements as requested.
• Assist in budget preparation, reporting, and management as requested.
• Supervise accounting staff and assigned job responsibilities.
• Oversee and conduct the month-end financial close, including recording payrolls, inventories, receivables, payables, adjusting journal entries and fixed assets.
• Oversee all fixed asset accounting.
• Coordinate the provision of financial information to departments as needed.
• Complete ad hoc financial reports as needed.
• Perform general ledger reconciliations.
• Reconciles bank statements.
• Reconciles Donor database records to accounting and financial system.
• Serves as “super user” to Ceres computer system for accounting issues.
• Serves as “super user” for Jet Reports reporting system.
• Ensure all accounting practices and principles are applied in financial processing and reporting.
• Ensure all policies and procedures are appropriately documented in the accounting policy manual.
• Ensure documentation and records are up-to-date for audit purposes.
• Lead the annual audit process for GAAP, A-133 and other required audit processes.
• Manage the general ledger structure.
• Oversee internal controls and recommend improvements to strengthen controls.
• Identify cost savings opportunities and conduct routine analysis of all general ledger accounts.
• Maintain all finance records related to grants. Conduct all fiscal grant planning and budgeting.
• Ensure policy and procedures manuals for Finance Department is updated and accurate.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• 7 plus years accounting/finance experience, with 2+ years supervisory experience. Non-profit experience preferred.
• Knowledge of GAAP.
• Ability to analyze financial data, develop reports and make decisions based on data and GAAP.
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Word, and data base management and finance software programs.
• Ability to meet deadlines, organize, prioritize and plan work activities using time efficiently.
• Ability to work with detail in an accurate manner while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
• Commitment to understanding and supporting FTB’s mission
• May be required to adjust work schedule to meet deadlines
• Ability to safeguard and maintain confidentiality of personnel information
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to understand and organize detailed information and possess attention to detail with the ability to solve problems and show initiative
• Ability to juggle multiple projects with attention to detail and accuracy while adhering to deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
• Exercise good judgment and discretion; strong ethical character capable of handling confidential information
• Work closely with management to keep projects and tasks moving forward
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently
Feeding Tampa Bay food bank is a hunger relief organization who feeds the 700,000 hungry in West Central Florida. The Feeding Tampa Bay food bank is committed to building community awareness and creating an efficient food distribution network in a 10 county area.