The Controller is responsible for overseeing the accounting, finance, and reporting functions related to monthly close, financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and all audits within Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS). The Controller is responsible for the timely preparation of financial statements, maintenance and constant improvement of our internal financial control structure, and compliance with corporate governance and applicable regulations. He/She is responsible for planning and administering all financial audits and respective data collection, with external auditors and internal contacts, including but not limited to financial statement, 403b, IRS 990, and all Governmental specific audits. The Controller will also provide mentoring and leadership to the Accounting team, identifying opportunities to improve efficiencies and profitability, maintaining internal controls, and supporting senior leadership in financial decisions.
The Controller will perform the following job functions (including but not limited to):
• Responsible for, financial reporting, audit and taxes, treasury management, grants and temporary restricted funds, supervision/management of accounting staff, maintenance of financial and accounting systems
• Month-end close reporting function
• Monthly and quarterly contract reimbursements
• Regular updating of cost allocation schedules for monthly and quarterly allocations of shared costs across all programs
• Quarterly allocation of all private grant restrictions
• Quarterly and annual budgeting/forecasting for all programs/departments
• In partnership with Human Resources, ensure accounting department supports the functions of payroll review/approval and secondary for payroll processing
• Required financial, state, and government audits
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• Prior supervisory experience
• Experience in coordinating audit activities and financial reporting, budgeting/forecasting, and general ledger
• Ability to communicate, both orally and in writing, complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner
• Experience overseeing software installations and managing relationships with project manager/vendors, including advanced knowledge of accounting and reporting software
• Advanced proficiency in MS Office- Word, Excel, Access, Outlook
Sign-on and retention bonus may apply.
• Full Time, exempt position; Monday - Friday
• May include nights, weekends and holidays as required
• Comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. For more information, please visit www.sacramentofoodbank.org.