The Community Impact Manager for Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore (FSEVA) will report to the Director of Programs and serve as a vital team member in the Programs Department. The Community Impact Manager plays a direct role in ensuring that FSEVA is positioned to work strategically with community partners to best address pockets of food insecurity and food deserts within the Hampton Roads region. The Community Impact Manager will build community partnerships and relationships that support collective impact and capacity-building efforts in the Hampton Roads area. This individual will use an equity lens to assess and analyze programs and create partnerships to help address food insecurity and its root causes; will understand federal nutrition policy issues, and will specifically support Foodbank transformational initiatives aimed at addressing the root causes of hunger, to promote food security and positive physical health outcomes.
• Identify the need for and support Foodbank transformational initiatives aimed at addressing the root causes of hunger, to promote food security and positive physical health outcomes. Programs include but are not limited to Healthy Food Pantry Program, Food Hubs, The Community Feed, campus pantry initiatives and other future programs.
• Using an equity lens, assist, organize, and develop collaborative partnerships in under-resourced neighborhoods disparately impacted by hunger and food insecurity.
• Lead Impact team in achieving set program goals.
• Provide recommendations for measurement of programs, specifically focused on program impact in communities served.
• Provide support to community partners in assigned neighborhoods to improve/expand/sustain food distribution programs, combined with holistic services addressing root causes, and optimize utilization of Foodbank services.
• Perform outreach in neighborhoods to identify, recruit and train community-based organizations to establish food programs.
• Works with management staff to develop and manage relationships across a portfolio of key organization, both known and to-be-identified, across various areas (health care, education and workforce development). Develop and improve channels for integrated pathways for referral and access.
• Conduct/represent FSEVA at community networking events and regional gatherings to promote hunger awareness and collaborative efforts which address the needs of the food insecure.
• With Partner Relations Manager, serve as co-lead supporting the Foodbank’s Agency Advisory Council.
• Assist in the development of and administration of assigned program budgets.
• Develop and conduct community-based surveys regarding community perceptions, needs, and behavior. Analyze survey results and prepare reports of findings with recommendation to leadership.
• Commit to and understand the FSEVA’s mission. This includes active participation in sharing the mission, vision and values of the organization, internally and externally, creating a culture of active philanthropy for and through all staff.
• Supervise volunteers during tasks/assignments and show/share responsibility for the overall Volunteer Experience at the Foodbank.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in social services, human services, community organizing, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Preferred: Master’s degree.
• Minimum: 3 years of progressive experience in nonprofit, human services, community outreach planning, and providing management support for staff.
• Preferred: 5 years.
Benefits: Medical, Dental , Vision, Paid Time Off, 12 Paid Holidays, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Development, Scholarship Program
Since 1981, the Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore, a member of Feeding America™ and the Federation of Virginia Food Banks, has been providing food for hungry people throughout Southeastern Virginia and on the Eastern Shore. In support of our mission, which is “leading the effort to eliminate hunger in our community” - the Foodbank has distributed over 300 million meals throughout our 4,745 square mile service area, which includes the cities of Norfolk, Portsmouth, Chesapeake, Suffolk, Franklin and Virginia Beach as well as the counties of Southampton, Northampton, Sussex, Isle of Wight and Accomack. For up-to-date information on the Foodbank, visit www.foodbankonline.org, Facebook, or Twitter.
Base Salary $50-58K: Salary is commensurate with education and experience.