The Community Engagement Coordinator is a part-time position that offers support to all areas within the Development Department, oversees and coordinates community engagement and participates and assists with fundraising events. They will also liaise with other departments across the organization and with local businesses and community groups coordinating various fundraisers, virtual food drives and third-party events. This role will be primarily remote for the next 12-24 months, but requires immediate access to local events, meetings, etc. and flexibility to meet at our offices when necessary.
• Support marketing and sponsorship reporting objectives by securing pictures, client stories, and documenting results from outreach, corporate and organizational activities.
• Provide written content for newsletters.
• Cultivate and maintain community partnerships for the successful completion of Peer-to-Peer fundraising; third party events; food, funds or product drives; and community engagement activities.
• Promote and provide technical and marketing support to individuals and groups to maximize available online giving pages as a viable source of revenue.
• Coordinate outreach and awareness events, promote all events and drives. Maintain a calendar of events for distribution to senior management and advisory council.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date records for all community engagement activities in the appropriate data bases and department files.
• Ensure timely recognition is provided to in-kind donors, volunteers, and community groups engaged in fundraising activities.
• Prepare reports on progress, budgets, receipts, and expenditures as assigned.
• Work collaboratively with Development and program staff on creation of content for digital materials, printed publications, infographics, videos, website and social media content.
• Ensure website content is provided to the Archdiocese to be updated regularly.
• Maintain strong online voice through social media. Monitor social media and keep messages current, engage and respond according to various campaigns and messages, take steps to ensure all audiences are being reached.
• Know and adhere to organizational policies and procedures, and work as an integral member of the Development team.
• Coordinate speaking engagements and outreach opportunities to promote the agency’s mission and events.
• Coordinate and assist facility tours and check presentations for community engagement to donors, prospects and other groups.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or working toward a degree in a related field (Communication/Marketing/Creative Writing/Graphic Design preferred)
• 2 years’ work experience in a Marketing/Communications or Sales position preferred.
• Previous work experience with fundraising and non-profit organizations preferred
• Valid Indiana Driver’s License required
• Experience using constituent relationship management or fundraising databases (especially Raiser’s Edge) is a plus.
• Must be able to successfully pass a background check.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and Outlook required.
• Demonstrated ability to write and edit business documents and success stories with proofreading skills, attention to detail and appropriate Organization language.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and relate well to all constituents and other staff, while maintaining appropriate confidentiality.
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands.
• Strong self-motivator, exercises good judgment, and ability to work as a team member.
• Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
Paid Vacation and Holidays, 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan, EAP
Send Cover Letter, Resume and list of current References via email to [email protected].
Catholic Charities Terre Haute provides help and creates hope by nourishing the minds, bodies and spirits of children, families, seniors and adults. By collaborating with community partners, we provide nutritious food, safe shelter, quality after-school programming and essential human and household needs to our neighbors.