The main purpose of the Communications Coordinator (CC) is to implement communications strategies with Treasure Coast Food Bank (TCFB) key constituencies to promote a positive brand and name recognition within the community, while simultaneously positively increasing awareness of the mission and fundraising efforts. Under the direction of the Public Relations and strategy department, this position works to achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for both internal and external communications.
• Collaborate across departments on various communications projects to support the vision of Treasure Coast Food Bank
• Serve as a direct liaison with partners, including providing members with information about upcoming events, website resources, and account information
• Direct partner requests to appropriate staff members and ensure timely response
• Lead efforts to effectively market the organization and programs to diverse audiences through online, print, and in-person channels
• Prepare annual report for donors and other supporters
• Create monthly newsletter, marketing, development, and solicitation materials, as needed
• Consistent and engaging postings and conversations on social media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube, as appropriate
• Maintain and update the organizational website with event announcements, photos, news articles, newsletters, press releases, etc.
• Press release, event announcements, invitations, programs, and signage
• Write development documents, including fundraising proposals, publications, and communication materials (cultivation, solicitation, and donor acknowledgment letters)
• Submit regular reports on communications activities, engagement levels, and progress
• Help other staff members to prepare for workshops, trainings, guest speaker engagements, and other events to ensure that all communications are accurate and consistent
• Work with leadership to identify media opportunities and implement campaigns around key programs and issues, including monitoring media cycles and updating media lists
• Assist in development and enforcement of TCFB Style Guide across all departments and all internal and external communications outlets
• Work with senior leadership and public relations consultant to develop a crisis communications plan and appropriate protocols
• Assist with other projects as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications or a similarly related field from an accredited college or university.
• 3+ years of experience in the communications/public relations/journalism arena.
• Impeccable grammar, vocabulary, and communications skills, both verbal and written, with knowledge of AP Style writing.
• Creativity, innovative vision, and passion for out-of-the-box thinking.
• Ability to work in a professional team environment
• Detail-oriented person, capable of working under pressure, and multi-tasking while working with several projects and consistently meeting deadlines.
• Efficient time- management, problem-solving, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills
• Ability to plan, organize, and implement events and maintaining records.
• Ability to communicate and make presentations effectively with community leaders, donors, volunteers, media in a professional manner. representatives and other staff.
• Knowledge of the media industry
• Deep commitment to the mission of Treasure Coast Food Bank.
• Proficiency with social media, Microsoft Office applications and communications applications such as Constant Contact.
Treasure Coast Food Bank offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance; paid time off; and a schedule of paid holidays.
Submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the name of the position in the subject line.
Treasure Coast Food Bank is the only food bank and largest hunger relief organization on Florida’s Treasure Coast, providing the community each year with millions of meals valued at more than $50 million through robust programs and in partnership with 400 charitable organizations in Indian River, St. Lucie, Martin, and Okeechobee counties. In addition to emergency food distribution, Treasure Coast Food Bank operates a full roster of direct service programs that not only solve the immediate problem of hunger, but help individuals and families gain long-term food security, better health outcomes, and self-sufficiency. Treasure Coast Food Bank is a member of Feeding America, the nationwide network of 200 food banks that leads the fight against hunger in the United States. For more information on Treasure Coast Food Bank, call 772.489.3034, log on to stophunger.org, visit our Facebook page at facebook.com/tcfoodbank, or follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/tcfoodbank.