Are you interested in using your customer service experience to make the difference in the lives of 116,000 Alameda County residents every month? Do you strongly believe that no man, woman or child in Alameda County should go to bed hungry? If you said yes to any of these questions, then please consider joining the Alameda County Community Food Bank’s mission of passionately pursuing a hunger-free community.
The Client Voice Project Associate will report to and assist the Client Voice Project Manager by ensuring proper systems are in place to provide effective daily flow of project activities. This position will provide on-site assistance training volunteers and agency partners, and enrolling English- and Cantonese-speaking clients in Client Voice. They will also provide general administrative support to both the Project Manager and the research team at large — including scheduling and managing volunteers.
WHAT IS CLIENT VOICE?
Client Voice is a multi-year project that is central to our Strategic Plan. Launched by ACCFB in the fall of 2018, it is an innovative research initiative designed to give the Food Bank and our network of community-based organizations and direct distribution partners better insight into who our clients are and how we can best serve them. Through the rollout of a cloud-based case management platform, we will be able to:
• More accurately count who we are serving throughout our network;
• Examine how our client demographic is shifting over time;
• Evaluate the impact federal and state policy changes have on our work;
• Better serve our clients through improved sign-in processes, wait times, and data security;
• Use insights to inform our services (e.g. health, nutrition, financial empowerment, workforce development).
The 2016 Feeding America Food Bank of the Year, Alameda County Community Food Bank is a well-established and multi-faceted organization serving one in five Alameda County residents. Our organization’s success is built on bold decision-making, a culture of equity and inclusivity, and an environment that embraces innovative thinking. Our bold new vision aims to provide 120 million meals annually through food distribution, government assistance enrollment and forceful legislative advocacy – while also looking beyond meals to examine and improve the impact of our efforts in our community. We have received Charity Navigator’s top rating for 12 consecutive years, ranking us among the top one percent of charities nationwide. Please learn more about our efforts at www.accfb.org.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Knowledge of communities and services in Alameda County.
• Demonstrated fluent- or native-level oral and written communication skills in English and Cantonese required. Fluency in additional languages a plus (e.g. Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog).
• Excellent customer service skills to ensure empathic response in a timely manner.
• Good organization skills to prioritize and handle multiple concurrent tasks.
• Intermediate computer skills (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and SharePoint, and relational databases).
• Experience with case management or data entry in database software package(s) preferred.
• Ability to work some weekends and evenings.
• Valid California Class C Driver’s License, insurable driving record, and reliable access to a vehicle. This position requires 30-40% local travel during work hours, and occasional overnight trips.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND VALUES
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, and creativity around Alameda County Community Food Bank’s vision, mission and values of community, leadership, transparency, and diversity.
• Impeccable integrity and honesty.
• Strong work ethic with an orientation towards constant innovation and process improvement.
• Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative setting with people of diverse backgrounds and circumstances.
This work is located in an office environment with some off-site field work. Physical abilities necessary in the performance of this job include: sitting for prolonged periods; using a computer to accomplish the duties of the position; inputting data into computers; ability to be on the phone listening for prolonged periods; talking, hearing, writing, reasoning, interpreting and prioritizing; ability to write legibly and perform basic mathematical tasks; mobility to move throughout the food bank in performance of duties; bending, lifting and carrying up to 30lbs. on occasion; good interpersonal communication skills to give direction to clients and volunteers.
BENEFITS AND COMPENSATION
This is a full-time non-exempt position working Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., for a 37.5 hour work week. The hourly wage is $21.83 per hour. We offer an outstanding benefit package including:
• Medical (100% coverage for employees, 93% coverage for dependents)
• Dental (100% for employees and their dependents)
• Vision (optional)
• Flexible Spending Accounts (optional)
• Commuter Benefit Account (optional)
• Supplemental life, ADD & LTD insurance (100% coverage)
• 403(b) plan available on the first day with employer match after 1 year of service
• Employee Assistance Program (100% coverage for employee and dependents)
• Generous vacation, sick and holiday leave accruals
If you meet these qualifications and want to join our mission, please send your resume and cover letter through our Careers page located at https://www.accfb.org/about-us/careers/
Due to high volume from our open positions and our limited capacity, we are unable to accept phone inquiries at this time. Thank you for your interest!
Alameda County Community Food Bank honors our differences and is committed to creating a workplace that celebrates and reflects the diversity of our Community. Applicants who contribute to this diversity are strongly encouraged to apply. ACCFB provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ACCFB complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the ACCFB has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.