With guidance and support from the Chief Executive Officer this position is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Food Bank in the areas of warehouse operations, logistics, transportation, inventory management, product recovery, facility management and safety.
MAJOR DUTIES AND SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring operational strategy, practices and initiatives are aligned with the organization’s business objectives and support the organization’s growth strategy;
- Responsible for ensuring that operational policies and practices are in compliance with the standards set by Feeding America, AIB, FDA, USDA and other regulatory agencies;
- Oversee Programs to include, but not limited to: CSFP, NSLP, mobile pantries, food processing, etc.;
- Responsible for inventory accuracy including oversight of inventory control system;
- Manage a maintenance program that will ensure that all facilities, equipment & vehicles are operational & meet all local, state & federal regulations;
- Ensure safety program is in effect and staff are aware and trained in all aspects;
- Administrative functions including hiring, performance management, coaching, and disciplinary actions;
- Fiduciary oversight over all areas of responsibility;
- Work with finance to create departmental budgets;
- Submit monthly and quarterly reports as required;
- Interface with volunteers, community groups, food donors & potential collaborative partners to further the EPFH mission;
- Perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 7+ years of experience in distribution, supply chain, operational management, logistics or equivalent combination of experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a leadership capacity.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Visionary mindset with the ability to drive results and manage challenges and capitalize on opportunities;
- Ability to manage staff to establish and maintain a working environment conducive to positive morale, quality and teamwork;
- Ability to work effectively as a part of a team, provide solutions, and respond quickly in a fast paced, changing environment;
- Strong analytical thinking, conflict management and problem solving skills;
- People skills required to lead, motivate and inspire a team, represent EPFH in the community, communicate with partners, collaborate with other food banks, etc.;
- Presentation skills and ability to present complex information to employees, the Board of Directors, funders and other stakeholders in both written and verbal formats;
- Experience in workflow management and process improvement;
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities & projects and consistently meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work with a high degree of accuracy;
- Commitment to excellent customer service;
- Ability to be innovative, meet or exceed goals and manage workflow;
- Ability to pass a background check and random drug testing.
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger pays for benefits to include: Health, Dental, and Vision.
Please submit cover letter & resume to: [email protected]
El Pasoans Fighting Hunger became a Feeding America network food bank in 2012. Our mission is to combat the hunger crisis in our region by strategically procuring and distributing nutritious food through 125+ partner agencies. We serve El Paso, Culberson & Hudspeth County and will distribute 15 million pounds of food in 2018 to ensure that children, families and individuals know where their next meal is coming from.